Vernon

Default radiator bleed nipple - rounded off

Have jsut found a radiator upstairs that needs bleeding, but some kind
person has rounded off the bleed nipple, is it possible to replace the
fitting, or is it a new radiator job? If it is replaceable where would I get
one from, I cannot find anything on the internet, but maybe I can get it
from a trade counter?

many thanks

Vernon

Newshound

www.bes.ltd part number 6916, 6917, or 6918. Or any of the sheds that have
radiators.

Set Square

Newshound wrote:

www.bes.ltd part number 6916, 6917, or 6918. Or any of the sheds that
have radiators.

A more complete URL is http://www.bes.ltd.uk/nav_graf/frames_cat.htm

The parts mentioned above are complete bleed assemblies - which screw into
the end of the radiator and, in turn, have a bleed pin screwing down the
middle of them. Which one you need depends whether the thread in the end of
your radiator is 1/8"BSP, 1/4"BSP or 1/2"BSP.**

If your radiators have integral air vents, you'll just need the pin out of
the middle of one of these. With any luck it will have the right thread to
fit your rad (many are 2BA) but this is not guaranteed!

** If you're not familiar with British Standard Pipe threads (BSP) the
*actual* size is much bigger than the nominal size. Approx diameters are
1/8: 0.383" (~10mm), 1/4: 0.518" (~13mm), 1/2: 0.825" (~21mm)
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Vernon

"Set Square" wrote in message
Newshound wrote:

[...]

Thanks guys, at those prices I can afford to order one of each! I had a look
around the sheds locally and did not see any, but I will have another look
tomorrow.