dave @ stejonda

Default Bosch dishwasher door catching

The door on our 4+1/2 year old Bosch dishwasher has started catching
when we open it. The d/w continues to work fine.

Would this be an easy diy repair of adjusting something behind
the inside door covering or should I resign myself to a call out repair
cost? I'm concerned that if I do nothing the problem will accelerate to
non-functioning of the d/w itself.

--
dave @ stejonda
John

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

The door on our 4+1/2 year old Bosch dishwasher has started catching when
we open it. The d/w continues to work fine.

Would this be an easy diy repair of adjusting something behind
the inside door covering or should I resign myself to a call out repair
cost? I'm concerned that if I do nothing the problem will accelerate to
non-functioning of the d/w itself.

--
dave @ stejonda

Do the feet want adjusting? Check if the casing moves a bit as the door is
opened or closed.

Dishwashers twist easily of not levelled properly and this causes the catch
to have to pull the casing back into alignment.

--

Regards

John

dave @ stejonda

In message , John
writes

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

The door on our 4+1/2 year old Bosch dishwasher has started catching when
we open it. The d/w continues to work fine.

Would this be an easy diy repair of adjusting something behind
the inside door covering or should I resign myself to a call out repair
cost? I'm concerned that if I do nothing the problem will accelerate to
non-functioning of the d/w itself.

Do the feet want adjusting? Check if the casing moves a bit as the door is
opened or closed.

No, the dishwasher is solidly seated on the (concrete) floor.

Dishwashers twist easily of not levelled properly and this causes the catch
to have to pull the casing back into alignment.

I rather fear an enthusiastic teenager may have stressed the door when
reaching for a clean plate.

--
dave @ stejonda
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"dave @ stejonda" writes:

The door on our 4+1/2 year old Bosch dishwasher has started catching
when we open it. The d/w continues to work fine.

Would this be an easy diy repair of adjusting something behind
the inside door covering or should I resign myself to a call out repair
cost? I'm concerned that if I do nothing the problem will accelerate to
non-functioning of the d/w itself.

I had exactly the same problem with a Whirlpool/IKEA dishwasher,
the door wouldn't fully open. Took side off to find a piece of
broken plastic had fallen into the hinge. The broken plastic
was the remains of a kind of pully (except fixed, non-rotating)
that metal tape slid round as you opened the door, and connected
to the door counter balance spring.

Phoned up CPC who looked it up in their exploded parts pictures,
and it was apparently called the front door friction brake. No
one had ever ordered one before, so they added it into their
computer system, giving it a part number, and I order 4 as it
cost next to nothing, and we have two such dishwashers in various
parts of the family.

--
Andrew Gabriel

bosch dishwasher question/problem Ace Home Repair 9 September 22nd 04 02:30 AM
Bosch Dishwasher lower door seal Nigel Jones UK diy 1 September 1st 04 10:46 PM
Bosch Dishwasher ClaudCar Home Repair 4 August 12th 04 02:09 AM
Bosch dishwasher no draining timegoesby UK diy 5 February 18th 04 11:51 AM
Bosch dishwasher cycle problem David Martin Home Ownership 5 February 12th 04 10:23 PM