dave @ stejonda

In message , John
writes

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

The door on our 4+1/2 year old Bosch dishwasher has started catching when
we open it. The d/w continues to work fine.

Would this be an easy diy repair of adjusting something behind
the inside door covering or should I resign myself to a call out repair
cost? I'm concerned that if I do nothing the problem will accelerate to
non-functioning of the d/w itself.

Do the feet want adjusting? Check if the casing moves a bit as the door is
opened or closed.

No, the dishwasher is solidly seated on the (concrete) floor.

Dishwashers twist easily of not levelled properly and this causes the catch
to have to pull the casing back into alignment.

I rather fear an enthusiastic teenager may have stressed the door when
reaching for a clean plate.

--
dave @ stejonda