Default Bare brick internal wall: paper or emulsion?

In my kitchen, tucked away out of sight at the side of the washing
machine, there is a 3ft by 2ft patch of bare brick, no plaster.

* As a quick fix, will wallpaper stick to bare brick?
* Failing this, would bog standard internal white emulsion be an
option? Or would the brick absorb it and cause it to flake off?

Bruce

Dave Jones

wrote in message
oups.com...
In my kitchen, tucked away out of sight at the side of the washing
machine, there is a 3ft by 2ft patch of bare brick, no plaster.

* As a quick fix, will wallpaper stick to bare brick?
* Failing this, would bog standard internal white emulsion be an
option? Or would the brick absorb it and cause it to flake off?

Bruce

Cover it with a bit of plasterboard

Cover it with a bit of plasterboard

Sorry, Dave. Too expensive. And too time-consuming. It's taken me a
week to steam the painted wallpaper off the kitchen walls. I'm in the
statte of mind where I'm fed up with all the mess and want to start
redecorating straight away!

Bruce

(a 75p sample pot ought to just about cover it).

Good idea!

Bruce

Christian McArdle

In my kitchen, tucked away out of sight at the side of the washing
machine, there is a 3ft by 2ft patch of bare brick, no plaster.

Try plaster. Even the dodgiest amateur plastering would look better than
sticking wallpaper onto brick!

Buy a bag of one coat for 5 quid and a trowel and give it a go. You can't
make it worse. Even my pathetic plastering skills could manage a patch that
size, especially in a less visible location.

Christian.

In my kitchen, tucked away out of sight at the side of the washing
machine, there is a 3ft by 2ft patch of bare brick, no plaster.

* As a quick fix, will wallpaper stick to bare brick?

ha ha

* Failing this, would bog standard internal white emulsion be an
option?

Sure. It'll look like sh1t of course, much worse than bare brick, as
will all the options mentiond so far except plastering or PBing it.

HELP: vertical foundation crack in new construction Zhixin Tang Home Ownership 25 October 26th 03 01:53 PM
Wall falling down? Alex UK diy 8 August 29th 03 10:54 AM
Chasing computer wiring (Cat-5) into plaster over brick wall Zymurgy UK diy 69 August 26th 03 05:05 PM
How do you measure a brick wall's height? Dean UK diy 1 August 1st 03 06:41 PM
Building an internal wall - brick or stud? steve UK diy 6 July 24th 03 09:40 AM