T i m

Default Is anytime between 08:00 and 20:00 "convenient" ... ?

Hi All,

I have just had a letter from British Bas suggesting that Siemens
would like to come round on a date (specified) soon to change our gas
meter (they did the lekky one a while back).

Thay have given me a time range between 08:00 and 20:00, is that
right?

They also add it should only take about 30 mins so you would have
thought they could pin it down closer than 'sometime' over a 12 hour
period!

If that is right the, 'book' re when they will turn up looks like this
so far:

25:1 When I've popped down the garage to get something ..

10:1 When we are half way through cooking dinner ..

4:1 When I've *just* got through to customer services ..

Odds on: As I step into the shower ..

The odds are much logner against being disturbed whilst being
'intimate' with the missus (I didn't know what sleeping on my own was
like till I got married) ;-(

(others?)

All the best ..

T i m ;-)

Mind you, if she is as nice as the lady who changed the lekky meter
.... ;-)

Tony Bryer

In article , T i m
wrote:
If that is right the, 'book' re when they will turn up looks

like this
so far:

25:1 When I've popped down the garage to get something ..

10:1 When we are half way through cooking dinner ..

4:1 When I've *just* got through to customer services ..

Odds on: As I step into the shower ..

Odds on they just don't turn up at all. Which they didn't for me
so I got on to them and told them that I wasn't staying in for
another full day. So they confirmed a new date 0800-1200 ... and
left their card at 1400. Old meter still in place and they seem
to have forgotten about it.

Free SEDBUK boiler database browser
http://www.sda.co.uk/qsedbuk.htm

Char

T i m wrote:
[...]

I had letter like this last year...

Worked from home on the specified day.... They didn't turn up..

Got a letter in the post the next day saying it was being rearranged for
2 weeks later....

When they did turn up... It didn't take very long.. (15-20 mins)

Hope it goes well for you..

Regards...
Charlie

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:15:31 GMT, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

I have just had a letter from British Bas suggesting that Siemens
would like to come round on a date (specified) soon to change our gas
meter (they did the lekky one a while back).

Thay have given me a time range between 08:00 and 20:00, is that
right?

They also add it should only take about 30 mins so you would have
thought they could pin it down closer than 'sometime' over a 12 hour
period!

Just had this done. They called at 10am on the day booked to say there
was 'van trouble' and could they rearrange it for three days
afterwards. OK by me as I work from home. On the new day they turned
up at 12.30 exactly (it was a p.m. slot) and started work.

Trouble was, when the Transco bloke came round later to change the
isolating handle, he pointed out they'd fitted the meter skewiff,
with rawlplugs into soft mortar, hadn't filled out the front label at
all, and he also pointed out the Siemens guy had dropped the blanking
caps for the meter on my front drive. Not impressed
personally....luckily the Transco guy was a star and refitted the
meter properly.

raden

In message , Tony Bryer
writes
In article , T i m
wrote:
If that is right the, 'book' re when they will turn up looks

like this
so far:

25:1 When I've popped down the garage to get something ..

10:1 When we are half way through cooking dinner ..

4:1 When I've *just* got through to customer services ..

Odds on: As I step into the shower ..

Odds on they just don't turn up at all.

I'm always getting letters at work stating that they tried to read the
meter but were unable to gain access (we're open from 08:00 - 17:30),
It's just a cheaper way of them getting you to read your meter

--
geoff

T i m

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:59:53 GMT, Tony Bryer
wrote:

In article , T i m
wrote:
If that is right the, 'book' re when they will turn up looks

like this
so far:

25:1 When I've popped down the garage to get something ..

10:1 When we are half way through cooking dinner ..

4:1 When I've *just* got through to customer services ..

Odds on: As I step into the shower ..

Odds on they just don't turn up at all.

Snap!

Well, apart from the school run I was in all day and I would have
thought they'd have left a card ..

Which they didn't for me
so I got on to them and told them that I wasn't staying in for
another full day. So they confirmed a new date 0800-1200 ... and
left their card at 1400.

Sweet .. ;-(

Old meter still in place and they seem
to have forgotten about it.