Charlie

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:15:31 GMT, T i m wrote:

Hi All,

I have just had a letter from British Bas suggesting that Siemens
would like to come round on a date (specified) soon to change our gas
meter (they did the lekky one a while back).

Thay have given me a time range between 08:00 and 20:00, is that
right?

They also add it should only take about 30 mins so you would have
thought they could pin it down closer than 'sometime' over a 12 hour
period!

Just had this done. They called at 10am on the day booked to say there
was 'van trouble' and could they rearrange it for three days
afterwards. OK by me as I work from home. On the new day they turned
up at 12.30 exactly (it was a p.m. slot) and started work.

Trouble was, when the Transco bloke came round later to change the
isolating handle, he pointed out they'd fitted the meter skewiff,
with rawlplugs into soft mortar, hadn't filled out the front label at
all, and he also pointed out the Siemens guy had dropped the blanking
caps for the meter on my front drive. Not impressed
personally....luckily the Transco guy was a star and refitted the
meter properly.