Peter

Default Soil pipe of elliptical or rectangular cross section. To fit within stud 70mm wall spacing. Does such a product exist?

I want to place the soil pipe from the back of a WC pan within the
70mm gap in a stud wall.

Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that makes a suitable pipe which
will be equivalent to a 10cm regular pipe but of an elliptical or
rectangular cross section?

kmillar

Maybe you could use a macerator behind the WC, then you can use 32mm
pipe.

Lurch

On 24 Jan 2005 14:45:16 -0800, "kmillar" strung
together this:

Maybe you could use a macerator behind the WC, then you can use 32mm
pipe.

Don't be a tit. That's the worst thing anyone could ever put in their
home.
--

SJW
Lobster

Peter wrote:
I want to place the soil pipe from the back of a WC pan within the
70mm gap in a stud wall.

Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that makes a suitable pipe which
will be equivalent to a 10cm regular pipe but of an elliptical or
rectangular cross section?

Don't know what configuration you have but can't you 'part-bury' a
regular soil pipe within the stud wall, then build boxing aroud the part
which protrudes (ie 30mm or so?)

David
Peter

Don't know what configuration you have but can't you 'part-bury' a
regular soil pipe within the stud wall, then build boxing aroud the part
which protrudes (ie 30mm or so?)

If I cannot locate a narrower, or flatter, soil pipe then this will be
my only option.

However, I am sure such a pipe must exist. Maybe I could make one by
stretching a standard size pipe over a heater!

The inside diameter of the WC pan connection is only 72mm so even a
correspondingly dimensioned pipe should not present any technical
problems and would fit within my wall cavity.

I just can't find a manufacturer/supplier though.

Hepworth Plumbing Team

"Peter" wrote in message
I want to place the soil pipe from the back of a WC pan within the
70mm gap in a stud wall.

Is anyone aware of a manufacturer that makes a suitable pipe which
will be equivalent to a 10cm regular pipe but of an elliptical or
rectangular cross section?

In the UK the Building Regulations require that branch pipework for WC's
should be a minimum diameter of 100mm if the WC outlet is greater than 80mm
diameter, or 75.3mm if the WC outlet is less than 80mm diameter.

In reality, the smallest pipework available in the UK for WC branches is
82mm diameter. 82mm soil pipe and fittings are stocked at some plumbers'
merchants.

The reasoning behind these branch pipe dimensions it to ensure that pipes
are of an adequate size to take the discharge from the WC without blocking.
The Building Regulations Approved Document H - Drainage & Waste Disposal can
be found he -

http://tinyurl.com/2eaf5

The only real alternative to standard sized soil pipe is to use a
macerator/pump, from which the discharge pipe can be considerably smaller
(down to 22mm in some cases), however it is probably worth reading up on
others experiences with these devices. One such is here.: -

http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/humour.html

The Hepworth Plumbing Products Team
--
Tel: +44 (0)1709 856 300 |Hepworth Plumbing Products
Fax: +44 (0)1709 856 301 |Edlington Lane, Edlington

Peter

In the UK the Building Regulations require that branch pipework for WC's
should be a minimum diameter of 100mm if the WC outlet is greater than 80mm
diameter, or 75.3mm if the WC outlet is less than 80mm diameter.

This all sounds promising.

The internal diameter of my wc pan spigot is 77mm and outside diameter
is 107mm. It's an Ideal Standard design called 'Compact'. So from what
you say I can use an 82mm soil pipe.

In reality, the smallest pipework available in the UK for WC branches is
82mm diameter. 82mm soil pipe and fittings are stocked at some plumbers'
merchants.

I think I can just about squeeze 82mm pipe between the plasterboards
of the stud wall. Now I just need to track down a supplier of the
parts.