Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bob Mannix

Default DIY solar heating

A couple of years ago, I couldn't find DIY solar water heating kits (you
could build your own manky system Blue Peter style, giving the satisfaction
of true DIY but little else, I fancy, or pay someone a huge amount to
install one).

Having revisited the scene I find kits are now available eg:

http://www.solartwin.com/

Just taking this as an example, a DIY kit, with a simple plumbing
arrangement (for those of us with tanks!), with an additional pv panel to
drive the pump, is £1900.

I would surmise savings in the region £100-200/year (guess) giving a payback
time of 10+years.

Does anyone have experience of such kits, with regard to savings, and this
kit in particular, with regard to its quality?

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)