Andrew Welham

Default More on boilers

Dear all

Starting to get really confused
I was under the impression that now or I the near future both

Thermostatic radiator valves
And
Condensing boilers

Would be a prerequisite for a new installation.

Reading some details in FAQ the two systems don’t seem to be entirely
compatible.
The reason being that thermostatic radiator valves mean the water
temperature returning the boiler is higher than the optimum?

Andrew

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with .
BillV

"Andrew Welham" wrote in message

Dear all

Starting to get really confused
I was under the impression that now or I the near future both

Thermostatic radiator valves
And
Condensing boilers

Would be a prerequisite for a new installation.

Reading some details in FAQ the two systems don’t seem to be entirely
compatible.
The reason being that thermostatic radiator valves mean the water
temperature returning the boiler is higher than the optimum?

Andrew

Thermostatic rad valve or some other method of controlling the room temp,
e.g. thermostat, is required now in every room, new build or refurb. You
don't really have to do this.
Fitters like to have TRVs in every room because it makes it easier for them
as they don't usually bother balancing the rads properly.
Condensing boilers will be required soon. When that happens you won't be
able to buy otherwise.

Modern boilers are able to modulate their power to fit the load so your last
statement doesn't apply.
Bear in mind that a condensor will probably not operate at full efficiency
except on the coldest days. Also with a condensor you will need those higher
output rads because the input temperature to the rads will be lower.

IMM

"BillV" wrote in message

[...]

Not quite. Load compensation control on most condensers will take care of
rads designed to run at 80C. Once up to temp the boiler drops the
temperature flow temperature to the buildings heating load.

Andrew Welham

IMM wrote:
"BillV" wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for the answers I will fit TRVs to all the rads except the bathroom

Any comments on the boiler types specified or the rads i an considering
full detials can be found in the post "Combies , corgo gas fitters, rads
and stuff"

Andrew

--
To reply via email, first reverse the address below then replace the
(at) with @ and the (dot) with .
moc(tod)xepip(tod)lsd(ta)spuorgswen_werdna
IMM

IMM wrote:
"BillV" wrote in message

[...]

You will need a boiler "interlock". You need to have a stat or flowswitch
to detect when the house is up to temp and the boiler is switched off. Best
put a stat in the hall and no TRV there.

Condensing boilers and pluming James UK diy 32 March 17th 04 10:02 PM
valiantcombi boilers DAVID GREEN UK diy 2 January 21st 04 03:21 PM
Combi Boilers Marv UK diy 5 November 2nd 03 11:34 PM
Anyone any experience of oil combi boilers. [email protected] UK diy 1 August 13th 03 08:38 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM