PHG

Default Peeling paint in bathroom

Last year I foolishly painted a newly built shower room. Incorrectly I
failed to prime it first and
used an eggshell paint. The humid atmosphere and possibly drying out plaster
means that now the original coat is peeling all over the place and my wife
is hopping mad and
wants me to resolve matters asap. How can I remove the remainder of the
existing paint without
damaging the plaster ? I had thought of using a wallpaper steamer perhaps ?

More importantly, what should I have done ?

Thanks Paul (feeling very sheepish)

Ian Middleton

?

More importantly, what should I have done ?

Thanks Paul (feeling very sheepish)

I bet it was Crown paint. Same happened to me, despite primng the wall.
Peeling patches, little spider like crazed patches, paint easily knocked
off. Ended up removing, old paint, skimming the wall (can't get paint off
without damage to plaster), priming with Dulux plaster primer and Dulux
Kitchens and Bathrooms and was as "tough as nails" as they say. Never used
Crown since.