John

"Markus Splenius" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 17:54:15 GMT, Roger
wrote:

SNIP

Better still if the manufacturers would make "stackable" combis. You
could arrange them in a matrix. No plumbing required - just push them
together like lego bricks. Bit tired of your old flow rate? Simply add
one more combi to your attic matrix.

'Ere - have you been reading up on Super Concord modular boilers or summat?

Capitol

IMM & etc wrote:
This will still fill an average modern bath (80-100
litres) pronto.

This may be the capacity of your bath,
but standard ones require
around 150 litres.

No. modern standard are 80-100. Get a new bath, a smaller one, you an
environmental disaster area. A one family pollution machine.

A standard bath requires 150 litres

On what do you base this article of faith?

Well strangely enough, I had to fill a new bath to the brim to check
the overflow was working correctly today. It used over 320L. Allowing
for normal usage, this small bath would have required around 200L with
an average person bathing(75Kg) so 80-100L is more likely to be the case
for someone using the kitchen sink to bathe the baby in!!

Regards
Capitol

Roger

The message
from Andrew Chesters contains
these words:

Average modern baths are getting larger rather than smaller to cater for
Fat *******s like dIMM. Averaged sized people in average sized baths
thus have to use more water than before if they change to an average
modern bath.
Snip

....but surely if the body in the bath is getting bigger AT THE SAME RATE
at the bath is getting larger, then you don't need any more water?

Not actualy true, I suspect, and after 1/2 bottle of wine I'm not going
to try to calculate it!!

2 defences. First average baths are getting larger as well as average
bodies thus the water needed to fill in the part of the bath not
occupied by the body also gets larger. The second that the median (also
an average) body size hasn't grown to any great extent while the
proportion of bodies that are gross or very gross like Fat ******* has.

--
Roger
Andy Hall

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:14:13 -0000, "IMM" wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message

IMM & etc wrote:
This will still fill an average modern bath (80-100
litres) pronto.

This may be the capacity of your bath,
but standard ones require
around 150 litres.

No. modern standard are 80-100. Get a new bath, a smaller one, you an
environmental disaster area. A one family pollution machine.

A standard bath requires 150 litres

On what do you base this article of faith?

Well strangely enough, I had to fill a new bath to the brim to check
the overflow was working correctly today. It used over 320L. Allowing
for normal usage, this small bath would have required around 200L with
an average person bathing(75Kg) so 80-100L is more likely to be the case
for someone using the kitchen sink to bathe the baby in!!

Not so.

ROTFL......

For your next project, how about arguing that black's white.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Roger

The message
from "IMM" contains these words:

Well strangely enough, I had to fill a new bath to the brim to check
the overflow was working correctly today. It used over 320L. Allowing
for normal usage, this small bath would have required around 200L with
an average person bathing(75Kg) so 80-100L is more likely to be the case
for someone using the kitchen sink to bathe the baby in!!

Not so.

So why don't you quote the dimensions of your 'average' bath Fat
*******? Then we could calculate how fat you really are.

Oh you can't? So dim you can't even measure up a both.

--
Roger
IMM

"Capitol" wrote in message

IMM & etc wrote:
[...]

You can give us the low down on how to do it as you are the most experienced
person I know in this black and white field.

IMM

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "IMM" contains these words:

Well strangely enough, I had to fill a new bath to the brim to check
the overflow was working correctly today. It used over 320L. Allowing
for normal usage, this small bath would have required around 200L

with
an average person bathing(75Kg) so 80-100L is more likely to be the

case
for someone using the kitchen sink to bathe the baby in!!

Not so.

snip drivel

Not worth reading.

John Rumm

IMM wrote:

an average modern bath (80-100 litres)

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so
sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence
could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of
80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?

--
Cheers,

John.

IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

an average modern bath (80-100 litres)

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so
sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence
could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of
80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?

You can buy body jet and drencher showers which take 40 litres/min. But the
average shower is still only about 7-8 litres/min.

John Rumm

IMM wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

an average modern bath (80-100 litres)

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so
sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence
could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of
80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?

You can buy body jet and drencher showers which take 40 litres/min. But the
average shower is still only about 7-8 litres/min.

Very interesting.... but you seem to be answering a different question.

Could I have a link to some of these baths you keep mentioning please?

--
Cheers,

John.

IMM

"John Rumm" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

an average modern bath (80-100 litres)

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so
sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence
could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of
80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?

You can buy body jet and drencher showers which take 40 litres/min. But

the
average shower is still only about 7-8 litres/min.

Very interesting.... but you seem to be answering a different question.

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which are
far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy states.

.

In article , IMM
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

an average modern bath (80-100 litres)

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so
sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence
could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of
80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?

You can buy body jet and drencher showers which take 40 litres/min. But

the
average shower is still only about 7-8 litres/min.

Very interesting.... but you seem to be answering a different question.

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which are
far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy states.

John, the answer to the question is "No, I can't support my statement
with any facts" feel free to cut and paste this
--
..
Markus Splenius

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which are
far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy states.

The nation is getting obese we are told. So one would expect bath
sizes to be increasing not decreasing.

John Rumm

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

an average modern bath (80-100 litres)

Could you please post some links to baths of this size? As you are so
sure this is the average size there must be many of them.

I have also noticed lots of baths that take 200 or 300L or more. Hence
could you also post a link to the 10L models that enable the average of
80 - 100 (sic) to be computed?

You can buy body jet and drencher showers which take 40 litres/min. But

the

average shower is still only about 7-8 litres/min.

Very interesting.... but you seem to be answering a different question.

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which are
far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy states.

No, I am saying please post some links to these baths that you keep
talking about. I would like to see some. If they are "average" as you
claim there must be lots to choose from.

--
Cheers,

John.

IMM

"." wrote in message
news
In article , IMM
writes

"John Rumm" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

"John Rumm" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

[...]

The answer is, he should look,

Roger

The message
from John Rumm contains these words:

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which are
far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy states.

No, I am saying please post some links to these baths that you keep
talking about. I would like to see some. If they are "average" as you
claim there must be lots to choose from.

Actually dIMM has given the game away above - "baths which are far too
large, that is the norm". To most of us at least the norm is practically
synonymous with average. But given the context what dIMM means by either
is very much open to interpretation.

--
Roger
IMM

"Roger" wrote in message
k...
The message
from John Rumm contains these words:

You are saying that because some people ignorantly install baths which

are
far too large, that is the norm. It is not as the shower analogy

states.

No, I am saying please post some links to these baths that you keep
talking about. I would like to see some. If they are "average" as you
claim there must be lots to choose from.

Actually

snip

misinformation not worth reading.

Nick Atty

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:07:29 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

I just had a look at the Armitage Shanks site - they have some 20 baths
listed - appart from one one "shower tub" and one extra short 1.5m bath
all of the others held significantly more than 80 - 100L

What sort of average are you computing?

Also when are you going to realise that "most" houses do not have an
"average modern bath" anyway, they have the same bath that was installed
10 to 20 years ago! Not everyone rips and replaces their bathroom every
five years.

Or if they replace their bathroom, as I just have, and they are
generously proportioned, as some might say I am, they put in a decent
sized bath.

It's phenomenal how much more comfortable an 1800x800 is compared to a
standard 1700x700; quite how 10 cm lets you stretch out so much more is
hard to fathom - pythagorous obviously

In passing, I'd recommend a big bath to anyone refitting a bathroom.
After all, most people don't bath every day - that's what a shower if
for, but when you are having a bath it's a bit of luxury. The extra
space makes a huge difference. All I need to do now is get the
lighting right to read in there. And it's big enough for two if you
are feeling sociable.

Oh, and that holds, according to the manufacturers, 225l. Just a tad
more than 80-100.
--
On-line canal route planner: http://www.canalplan.org.uk

(Waterways World site of the month, April 2001)
IMM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Nick Atty wrote:
In passing, I'd recommend a big bath to anyone refitting a bathroom.
After all, most people don't bath every day - that's what a shower if
for, but when you are having a bath it's a bit of luxury. The extra
space makes a huge difference. All I need to do now is get the
lighting right to read in there. And it's big enough for two if you
are feeling sociable.

snip drivel

misinformation not worth reading.

combi boiler - efficiency and cost ARWadsworth UK diy 23 January 4th 05 02:12 PM
new combi experience report Fred UK diy 12 December 5th 04 09:11 PM
combi boiler recommendations Alastair Rainsbury UK diy 3 January 15th 04 11:24 PM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 7th 03 11:34 PM
Recommendations for a New Combi Boiler Les Gaz UK diy 8 September 3rd 03 09:13 PM