Les Gaz

Default Recommendations for a New Combi Boiler

Dear All,
just getting companies in, to quote for a new Central heating
system. We have decided on having a Combi boiler in the airing cupboard, and
would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the same.
Noise levels ? Reliability?
Makes suggested by installers so far include:
Britony Combi SE (Chaffoteaux & Maury) French one I think
Worcester 28 i series
Potterton Performa 28i
any opinions on the above or other combi boilers would be appreciated.

regards

Les Gaz

IMM

"Les Gaz" wrote in message
Dear All,
just getting companies in, to quote for a new Central heating
system. We have decided on having a Combi boiler in the airing cupboard,

and
would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the same.
Noise levels ? Reliability?
Makes suggested by installers so far include:
Britony Combi SE (Chaffoteaux & Maury) French one I think
Worcester 28 i series
Potterton Performa 28i
any opinions on the above or other combi boilers would be appreciated.

Get a high flowrate model. Vaillant are good. How many showers, baths, etc.
Do you intend to use baths a lot?

---

Christian McArdle

Flow rates are 11 to 12 litres per minute, we mostly shower. Single shower
only.

Consider the Ideal Isar. It is a cheap, reliable condensing model. Does the
airing cupboard have an outside wall?

Christian.

BillR

IMM wrote:
"Les Gaz" wrote in message
Dear All,
just getting companies in, to quote for a new Central heating
system. We have decided on having a Combi boiler in the airing
cupboard, and would be interested to hear from anyone who has done
the same.
Noise levels ? Reliability?
Makes suggested by installers so far include:
Britony Combi SE (Chaffoteaux & Maury) French one I think
Worcester 28 i series
Potterton Performa 28i
any opinions on the above or other combi boilers would be
appreciated.

Get a high flowrate model. Vaillant are good. How many showers,
baths, etc. Do you intend to use baths a lot?

I fitted a Vokera. Very quiet as I believe most modern combis are.

Christian McArdle

Afraid not, it will have to flue out of the house roof via the loft space.

Almost all boilers would be capable of handling the fluing for this. (The
Keston Celcius is particularly recommended if the flue route is long or
tortuous).

However, you do need drainage arrangements for a condensing boiler that may
(or might not) be difficult to achieve.

Christian.

Ed Sirett

Les Gaz wrote:

Dear All,
just getting companies in, to quote for a new Central heating
system. We have decided on having a Combi boiler in the airing cupboard, and
would be interested to hear from anyone who has done the same.
Noise levels ? Reliability?
Makes suggested by installers so far include:
Britony Combi SE (Chaffoteaux & Maury) French one I think
Worcester 28 i series
Potterton Performa 28i
any opinions on the above or other combi boilers would be appreciated.

Non-condensing 28kW combi.
Worcester or Vaillant Turbomnax+ 828e.

Condensing (no experience personally - but other products OK).
Ideal Isar.
GlowWorm Cxi (?)

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Can a combi boiler be fitted into an small airless enclosed space Ed Sirett UK diy 0 August 29th 03 08:54 PM
Combi boiler advice, please Dave Jennings UK diy 7 August 26th 03 05:00 PM
Combi Boiler / poor pressure brucej UK diy 12 August 21st 03 08:55 PM
Vaillant Combi Boiler Ed Sirett UK diy 5 July 31st 03 08:52 PM
Gloworm Swiftflow combi boiler Gundo UK diy 1 July 17th 03 09:59 PM