Junior Member

Default fall angle of soil pipe

Is there a minimum fall angle of a soil pipe from a toilet to main soil pipe?
Thanks
Lobster

Mark wrote:
Is there a minimum fall angle of a soil pipe from a toilet to main soil
pipe?

Needs to be between 18 and 90 mm fall per metre of pipe

David
Lobster

Michael Mcneil wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message

Mark wrote:

Is there a minimum fall angle of a soil pipe from a toilet to main soil
pipe?

Needs to be between 18 and 90 mm fall per metre of pipe

90 mm in 1000? Thats nearly 1 in 10.

Put the pipe in so that the bubble on a metre spirit level is on one of
the lines. That will give it -if I remember correctly, something like 1
in 400.

Well fine, but it will be outwith current English building regs, and I
rather assumed that was the point of the question??

David

Lobster wrote:
Michael Mcneil wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message

If you look at the web site www.odpm.gov.uk all the building regs

are published there including drainage, its quite suprising how much
there is on something that at first glance seems as simple as drainage

Peter Stockdale

"Michael Mcneil" wrote in message
news:4f3d82fcb179080e8e6d6a43359264d1.45219@mygate .mailgate.org...
"
Put the pipe in so that the bubble on a metre spirit level is on one of
the lines. That will give it -if I remember correctly, something like 1
in 400.

If I remember correctly that would be a factor of 10x incorrect.
S.b. One in Forty.
For small non underground runs such as the o.p. is enqiring about a steeper
fall is commonplace.

Pete

Soil fall angle Mark Begbie UK diy 7 November 3rd 04 12:00 PM
Connecting WC pan to cast iron soil pipe? Rafal UK diy 3 May 23rd 04 03:49 PM
Moving a soil pipe - advice John UK diy 5 April 15th 04 12:47 PM
undoing cast iron soil pipe joint Alasdair UK diy 8 February 2nd 04 07:17 AM
Ground to Gas Pipe?? w_tom Home Repair 4 June 23rd 03 09:14 AM