Don McLean

Default What do I paint on new Plasterboard for a durable finish?

Hi all,

Just had the garage lined with insulation then covered with Plasterboard
that has had the joints taped and sealed. This area will be part Utility
room and part "free use" space. It has a double glazed window and door.

I would normally paint (prime / undercoat) thinned emulsion onto the
plasterboard as a first step

Question:-
I want to paint ONE coat of paint onto the Plasterboard to effect a durable
finish. The type of finish is not really an issue ( I.e Matt, Silk,
Weathershield , slightly textured etc.)

Any hint, tips etc will be gratefully received.

Regards

Don

Space_Cowby

"Don McLean" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just had the garage lined with insulation then covered with Plasterboard
that has had the joints taped and sealed. This area will be part Utility
room and part "free use" space. It has a double glazed window and door.

I would normally paint (prime / undercoat) thinned emulsion onto the
plasterboard as a first step

Question:-
I want to paint ONE coat of paint onto the Plasterboard to effect a
durable finish. The type of finish is not really an issue ( I.e Matt,
Silk, Weathershield , slightly textured etc.)

Any hint, tips etc will be gratefully received.

Regards

Don

Specliast new plaster paint is available

Peter Johnson

On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 19:16:43 +0000 (UTC), "Don McLean"
wrote:

Question:-
I want to paint ONE coat of paint onto the Plasterboard to effect a durable
finish. The type of finish is not really an issue ( I.e Matt, Silk,
Weathershield , slightly textured etc.)

Any emulsion will do the job but if you really want 'durable' then
consider something with a lot of vinyl in it, like Crown mid sheen or
similar.
Mike

"Don McLean" wrote in message

I want to paint ONE coat of paint onto the Plasterboard to effect a

durable finish.

Hammerite ??

A tad to literal for me !!

Oh go on. It would look really trendy :-)

Tim Mitchell

In article , Peter Johnson
writes
wrote:

Question:-
I want to paint ONE coat of paint onto the Plasterboard to effect a durable
finish. The type of finish is not really an issue ( I.e Matt, Silk,
Weathershield , slightly textured etc.)

Any emulsion will do the job but if you really want 'durable' then
consider something with a lot of vinyl in it, like Crown mid sheen or
similar.

You will not get a good finish in one coat whatever you use (if that
matters to you.)
--
Tim Mitchell

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
Tile over satin finish paint Keith Boeheim Home Repair 1 December 24th 04 04:03 PM
which paint for going over existing finish on bookcase with kids design JD UK diy 2 October 13th 03 10:12 PM
Benjamin Moore paint types jeffc Home Ownership 1 August 19th 03 04:51 AM
Which durable clear finish for old sanded-down floorboards? Doc Frank Z. Watson UK diy 6 August 15th 03 08:13 PM