r.p.mcmurphy

Default OT..Best online tv guide?

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

Steve

NotMe

Depends what you are after, but tvguide.co.uk is OK.

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

Steve

Aiden

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 11:22:56 -0000, "r.p.mcmurphy"
wrote:

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

Steve

http://www.itv.com/listings
Nozza

wrote:

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

http://www.digiguide.com/

is a good place to look. They do a free trial - so give it a whirl.

I downloaded it 18(?) months ago and find it very useful.

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)

Paper2002AD

Subject: OT..Best online tv guide?
From: Nozza
Date: 01/01/2005 13:15 GMT Standard Time
wrote:

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

http://www.digiguide.com/

is a good place to look. They do a free trial - so give it a whirl.

I downloaded it 18(?) months ago and find it very useful.

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)

OR:

http://www.onthebox.com/partner/otb/
Lee

r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

http://www.radiotimes.com/
Or am I missing something...
Need to register (free) and allow cookies to customise the channel listings.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Ian Stirling

Lee wrote:
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:
happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

http://www.radiotimes.com/
Or am I missing something...

That it's a bag of ****e?
Need to register (free) and allow cookies to customise the channel listings.

Horrible interface.
I have a reasonably large monitor, with 1280*1024.
I want to be able to view 6 hours at a stretch, but it's not possible.
It's also annoyingly slow, and prone to not working.
There is also the (minor) problem that anyone with your email address can
see all the information you've entered.

Lee

Ian Stirling wrote:

Horrible interface.
I have a reasonably large monitor, with 1280*1024.
I want to be able to view 6 hours at a stretch, but it's not possible.
It's also annoyingly slow, and prone to not working.

Fairy nuff, it was much better before they "improved" it.

There is also the (minor) problem that anyone with your email address can
see all the information you've entered.

Ah, so it does...but it would be difficult to guess the fake email addy
I used and I don't really care if people know what TV progs I watch

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Mark Hewitt

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

www.digiguide.com It's good because it's a proper application not a web
page. I have it open all the time :-)

Andrew Chesters

Lee wrote:
r.p.mcmurphy wrote:

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try
an online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

http://www.radiotimes.com/
Or am I missing something...
Need to register (free) and allow cookies to customise the channel
listings.

Lee

I've no problems really with Radio Times. Been using it for a while,
downloading to my Palm. (Up to now not had a connection at home.)

Works for me...
Steven Briggs

In message , Mark Hewitt
writes

"r.p.mcmurphy" wrote in message
happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

www.digiguide.com It's good because it's a proper application not a web
page. I have it open all the time :-)

Yeah, I like Digiguide.
Two versions, an application that runs locally and updates it database
when it can, and an online version. I use that later, as I can go
straight to my listings & searches from any of the 3 PC's I use.

Digiguide has searches and email reminders, but reminders arrive shortly
before the program starts. Not what I really want.

Do any of the guides offer the ability to load up program search
criteria on a permanent, on going search basis. Such that I'd get an
email say once a week that says "programs X, Y, Z that you are watching
out for are on this next week at A, B, C"?

--
steve
Simon Hawthorne

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 13:15:35 +0000, Nozza
wrote:

http://www.digiguide.com/

I've used digiguide for 12 months now - really good - recommended....

Si
Colin Wilson

I've used digiguide for 12 months now - really good - recommended....
I used it for three years but didn't renew this time

Do you know if you can get digiguide to list the channels in order ? - my
ITV channels are out of sync numerically, and its winding me up (only
just subscribed)

Mike Dodd

Do any of the guides offer the ability to load up program search criteria
on a permanent, on going search basis. Such that I'd get an email say once
a week that says "programs X, Y, Z that you are watching out for are on
this next week at A, B, C"?

Join the Digiguide forums and post the question there - plenty of very
clever scripts doing the rounds, and from what I saw from d/l'ing one of the
video tutorials the search capability is fantastic (and complex)

Steph Peters

"r.p.mcmurphy" of Customer of PlusNet
plc (http://www.plus.net) wrote:

happy new year! my radio times has just run out so i thought id try an
online guide.. anyone recommend a good one?

http://www.bleb.org/tv/
Click on the Advanced button, customise a page with the channels you watch,
then bookmark it for future use. I've created bookmarks for terrestrial tv,
digital tv and radio.
--
Not tonight, dear. I have a modem.
Steph Peters delete invalid from lid

Lobster

Steven Briggs wrote:

Digiguide has searches and email reminders, but reminders arrive shortly
before the program starts. Not what I really want.

I use and like it too, but the above does irritate me as well. Thought
it was such a no-brainer that I emailed their tech support to ask how to
vary the lead time on the email, and was told it wasn't yet possible,
but was coming in their next upgrade.

David

Michael Mcneil

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!