Steve Wilson

Default Replacement rails for sliding patio doors

I'm trying to save myself several hundred pounds by refurbishing some
ageing patio doors rather than replacing them. They have many
interesting "features" that need rectifying (including a section that
seems to have been eaten by the previous occupiers' dog) but the major
problem is that the slider rails have simply worn down with use.
My initial investigations have not turned up a source of these rails,
but I'm sure it must be possible to buy replacements somewhere.
Many thanks,
Steve
Michael Mcneil

"Steve Wilson" wrote in message
om

I'm trying to save myself several hundred pounds by refurbishing some
ageing patio doors rather than replacing them.

Come on, I can't be the only person that's ever tried to do this !!
Are there any other skinflints out there ????

If all you need to do is replace the rail that the doors run on why not
just put a section of steel rod in its place?

If you can't rivet it or set it in another piece of material, perhaps a
nearby welding firm could fit it for you.

Replace the wheels while you are at it.

Patio doors Phil UK diy 2 March 30th 04 03:02 PM
Replacement Kitchen Doors Gaz UK diy 6 January 21st 04 06:27 PM
Secondary double glazing for patio doors? John Smith UK diy 0 July 20th 03 11:27 PM
Securing patio doors BigWallop UK diy 4 July 19th 03 05:17 PM