Alan Williamson

Default Auction Lists for houses

Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

mrcheerful

"Alan Williamson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

in Essex:
www.dedman.net

BigWallop

"Alan Williamson" wrote in message
oups.com...
Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

A web search for phrases like "House+Auctions+UK" or
"Building+For+Auction+UK" or "Houses for auction, UK" should bring up a good
few hits for you to follow.

Mike Harrison

On 28 Dec 2004 04:31:54 -0800, "Alan Williamson" wrote:

Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

Yellow Pages - auctioneers....

Lobster

Alan Williamson wrote:
Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

I would say that more often than not, the auction houses *are* local;
and I wouldn't think you'd want to get involved with any that aren't,
especially as a beginner. Look at Yellow Pages. Often estate agents
are also auctioneers, if yours aren't, ask them where you'd go to by a
house at auction.

Having said that, I wouldn't really recommend the auction route to a
newbie. Yes, you've got the chance of bigger gains, but it can be pretty
high-risk too.

David

Rick Dipper

wrote:

Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

Clough & co in N.Wales, also Dodds & Cavendish Ilkin. All are estate
agents. In manchester watch the free ads papers, again its estate
agents.

Rick

wrote:

Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by

houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a

family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do

the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming

auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is

not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

Usually the auctions are local, but I do remember seeing one programme
where a property up north was auctioned in the midlands. I believe the
buyer got what they considered a bargain as not many northerners went
down to the auction, and not many midlanders went up to view the house.
I thought it strange at the time that the property was auctioned
hundreds of miles away, and it wasn't like it was pitched at an
exclusive clientelle. I thought the seller had probably inherited,
wanted to offload it quick, and never bothered to think about the
target audience.

Owain

wrote
| Usually the auctions are local, but I do remember seeing one
| programme where a property up north was auctioned in the midlands. ...
| I thought it strange at the time that the property was auctioned
| hundreds of miles away ...

The bulk of auctioned property is/was mortgage repossessions. They aren't
aimed at the general/local market but are often bought for investment by
people who will refurbish before letting or resale, often buying unseen or
on their local agent's report. (They can take that risk, I do NOT advise
that strategy for an individual buyer.) The repossession agencies will use
only a few auction houses for all its properties countrywide.

Owain

troubleinstore

wrote:

Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

Clough & co in N.Wales, also Dodds & Cavendish Ilkin. All are estate
agents. In manchester watch the free ads papers, again its estate
agents.

Rick

If you lived or intend to live up North and are looking for a placce, then I
would suggest looking ate a wensite like this:-
http://www.pattinson.co.uk/Public/HomePage.aspx

--
troubleinstore
Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my auction items on eBay & eBid:-
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk/auction-idx.html