Lobster

Alan Williamson wrote:
Having been watching the numerous TV programs where by people by houses
at auctions and they do them up and intriguing. Coming from a family
that built their own house, my father is always egging me on to do the
same.

So my question is, where does one find listings for upcoming auctions
and from where? Watching the TV i notice that the auction house is not
usually local to the house they are selling.
Anyone had any experience with this?

I would say that more often than not, the auction houses *are* local;
and I wouldn't think you'd want to get involved with any that aren't,
especially as a beginner. Look at Yellow Pages. Often estate agents
are also auctioneers, if yours aren't, ask them where you'd go to by a
house at auction.

Having said that, I wouldn't really recommend the auction route to a
newbie. Yes, you've got the chance of bigger gains, but it can be pretty
high-risk too.

David