Harry

Default Built in microwave clearance

Probably a silly question but is there an accepted limit as to how close a
built in microwave has to be from the wall. By that, I mean once it's slid
into the cabinet, does there need to be a certain amount of clearance at
the rear?

Start laughing..........................NOW.

Harry
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"Harry" wrote in message
Probably a silly question but is there an accepted limit as to how close a
built in microwave has to be from the wall. By that, I mean once it's slid
into the cabinet, does there need to be a certain amount of clearance at
the rear?

Start laughing..........................NOW.

There has to be *some* clearance - it usually says in the 'structions if you
can find them.

Si

wanderer

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:18:50 +0000 (UTC), Harry wrote:

Probably a silly question but is there an accepted limit as to how close a
built in microwave has to be from the wall. By that, I mean once it's slid
into the cabinet, does there need to be a certain amount of clearance at
the rear?

Start laughing..........................NOW.

Harry

It's usually something each manufacturer will specify for their
products. Try giving the manufacturer's customer service or tech
assistance department a bell.
G&M

"Harry" wrote in message
Probably a silly question but is there an accepted limit as to how close a
built in microwave has to be from the wall. By that, I mean once it's slid
into the cabinet, does there need to be a certain amount of clearance at
the rear?

Usually 45 mm min. Don't know why but most manufacturers say something
around that.

Colin Wilson

Probably a silly question but is there an accepted limit as to how close a
built in microwave has to be from the wall. By that, I mean once it's slid
into the cabinet, does there need to be a certain amount of clearance at
the rear?

Every "regular" microwave i`ve ever bought had some sort of plastic
spacer attached at the rear to prevent you putting it too close to the
wall - have you already got the microwave or is it on order ? - it might
have the same sort of thing...

Pete C

wrote:

Probably a silly question but is there an accepted limit as to how close a
built in microwave has to be from the wall. By that, I mean once it's slid
into the cabinet, does there need to be a certain amount of clearance at
the rear?

Hi,

It's not just clearance but ventilation too, can heat from the
microwave (not being 100% efficient) escape OK. If it's a combination
oven more ventilation will be required, might be best to plan for it
now if possible in case you get one in future.

cheers,
Pete.

Clearance between router cutter and guide bush ? Rob Graham UK diy 0 March 29th 04 06:10 PM
Built in Gas Hobs Pete UK diy 8 December 27th 03 03:01 PM
Built in cooker advice required [email protected] UK diy 3 November 21st 03 05:01 PM
removing built in wardrobes NC UK diy 4 August 11th 03 04:13 PM