Pete

Default Built in Gas Hobs

Hello

We've started thinking about replacing our gas hob which is a Cannon built
in unit. The existing unit is built into our worktop (which we're also
wanting to replace) and has a lid which effectively increases the available
worktop when closed.

Browsing the Cannon site, it appears that they no longer market this type of
hob. Strange thing is, I've not been able to find one anywhere else on the
web either. Can anyone recommend a model/manufacturer for this type of hob -
i.e. built in with a glass closing lid?

Or is it possible that the regulations have changed and this design is no
longer permitted?

Pete

mike ring

"Pete" wrote in
:

Browsing the Cannon site, it appears that they no longer market this
type of hob. Strange thing is, I've not been able to find one anywhere
else on the web either. Can anyone recommend a model/manufacturer for
this type of hob - i.e. built in with a glass closing lid?

I had this problem and could not solve it - Her next door has a
freestanding cooker which I liked because the top not only covers the hob
but turns off the gas when lowered, a safety feature I really liked.

But I looked everywhere for a built in one with this feature, and couldn't
find one.

It is much more dangerous because it is far from obvious if a burner is low
or off, or even lit, with the old leccy one, a quick glance a t the big red
light on the switch unit before leaving the house would tell me if the
cooker was isolated.

I expect the #EU has found yet another good thing to ban

mike r
Lee Blaver

Pete wrote:

Hello

We've started thinking about replacing our gas hob which is a Cannon built
in unit. The existing unit is built into our worktop (which we're also
wanting to replace) and has a lid which effectively increases the available
worktop when closed.

Browsing the Cannon site, it appears that they no longer market this type of
hob. Strange thing is, I've not been able to find one anywhere else on the
web either. Can anyone recommend a model/manufacturer for this type of hob -
i.e. built in with a glass closing lid?

Or is it possible that the regulations have changed and this design is no
longer permitted?

Pete

Comet do a cheap Whirlpool one AKM252 WH,
It doesn't mention auto-shut off though.
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/282_313982.html

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

Lee Blaver

Lee Blaver wrote:

Comet do a cheap Whirlpool one AKM252 WH,
It doesn't mention auto-shut off though.
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/282_313982.html

Update, this site:
http://www.keek.co.uk/shop/Gas_Hobs2...m?ref=dealtime says that
the lid does cut off the gas.
But, since they sell it for £104, it would suggest that it isn't very
well built

Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

Lee Blaver

Lee Blaver wrote:

Lee Blaver wrote:

Comet do a cheap Whirlpool one AKM252 WH,
It doesn't mention auto-shut off though.
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/282_313982.html

Update, this site:
http://www.keek.co.uk/shop/Gas_Hobs2...m?ref=dealtime says that
the lid does cut off the gas.
But, since they sell it for £104, it would suggest that it isn't very
well built

Lee

Ignore that ^^^^^^ about the price - must learn to read properly!!
I'll be going now

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

Stuart

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 23:52:53 +0000, Lee Blaver
wrote:

Lee Blaver wrote:

Lee Blaver wrote:

Comet do a cheap Whirlpool one AKM252 WH,
It doesn't mention auto-shut off though.
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/282_313982.html

Update, this site:
http://www.keek.co.uk/shop/Gas_Hobs2...m?ref=dealtime says that
the lid does cut off the gas.
But, since they sell it for £104, it would suggest that it isn't very
well built

Lee

Ignore that ^^^^^^ about the price - must learn to read properly!!
I'll be going now

Lee

Whaaat-£239 at Comet and £104 at that other place ??????

Stuart
Stuart

wrote:

Lee Blaver wrote:

Lee Blaver wrote:

Comet do a cheap Whirlpool one AKM252 WH,
It doesn't mention auto-shut off though.
http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/282_313982.html

Update, this site:
http://www.keek.co.uk/shop/Gas_Hobs2...m?ref=dealtime says that
the lid does cut off the gas.
But, since they sell it for £104, it would suggest that it isn't very
well built

Lee

Ignore that ^^^^^^ about the price - must learn to read properly!!
I'll be going now

Lee

Whaaat-£239 at Comet and £104 at that other place ??????

Stuart

Ah-I didnt see this bit

Whirlpool Appliances
To buy from this section you must have bought an oven and hob pack and you
can then upgrade to another hob or add any other appliance at a reduced
price. You can also add appliances from any other manufacturers package
deals other than from sections headed "Special packs"

Stuart

Lee Blaver

Stuart wrote:

Ah-I didnt see this bit

Whirlpool Appliances
To buy from this section you must have bought an oven and hob pack and you
can then upgrade to another hob or add any other appliance at a reduced
price. You can also add appliances from any other manufacturers package
deals other than from sections headed "Special packs"

Stuart

Wasn't just me then

Lee

--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

Pete

Thanks for the responses.

Not too keen on the Whirlpool model, but I guess it does show that the
design is still permissible.
We'll keep looking.

Thanks
Pete

Built in cooker advice required [email protected] UK diy 3 November 21st 03 05:01 PM
Cat Litter, gas fires and hobs Meoww UK diy 8 October 22nd 03 08:00 PM
removing built in wardrobes NC UK diy 4 August 11th 03 04:13 PM
Built in ovens - standard size? Peter Hughes UK diy 3 July 3rd 03 06:38 PM