mike ring

Default Built in Gas Hobs

"Pete" wrote in
:

Browsing the Cannon site, it appears that they no longer market this
type of hob. Strange thing is, I've not been able to find one anywhere
else on the web either. Can anyone recommend a model/manufacturer for
this type of hob - i.e. built in with a glass closing lid?

I had this problem and could not solve it - Her next door has a
freestanding cooker which I liked because the top not only covers the hob
but turns off the gas when lowered, a safety feature I really liked.

But I looked everywhere for a built in one with this feature, and couldn't
find one.

It is much more dangerous because it is far from obvious if a burner is low
or off, or even lit, with the old leccy one, a quick glance a t the big red
light on the switch unit before leaving the house would tell me if the
cooker was isolated.

I expect the #EU has found yet another good thing to ban

mike r