Peter Hughes

Default Built in ovens - standard size?

Y'know - the ones that fit into appropriate kitchen base units. I'm
assuming they're a standard size, so I can simply slot the current one
into some new units. Right/ wrong?

--
Regards
Peter Hughes.

Grunff

Peter Hughes wrote:
Y'know - the ones that fit into appropriate kitchen base units. I'm
assuming they're a standard size, so I can simply slot the current one
into some new units. Right/ wrong?

Standard size ones are - they're 600mm. But I'm sure you can get
narrow ones too, so check that yours is 600mm.

--
Grunff

Grunff wrote:
Peter Hughes wrote:
Y'know - the ones that fit into appropriate kitchen base units. I'm
assuming they're a standard size, so I can simply slot the current one
into some new units. Right/ wrong?

Standard size ones are - they're 600mm. But I'm sure you can get
narrow ones too, so check that yours is 600mm.

He might mean the height of course in which case it does vary
according to whether it's a single or double oven. Our replacement
double oven fitted in exactly the same space as the old double oven
though.

Standard width is 600mm, you can also get wider ones (Smeg do some
700mm for example and maybe even 800mm) quite a few companies do 900mm
ones. Depth requires 600mm nowadays so if you have old units you may
have a problem as some are shallower.

--
Chris Green )
Simon

"Peter Hughes" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
says...
Grunff wrote:
Peter Hughes wrote:
Y'know - the ones that fit into appropriate kitchen base units. I'm
assuming they're a standard size, so I can simply slot the current

one
into some new units. Right/ wrong?

Standard size ones are - they're 600mm. But I'm sure you can get
narrow ones too, so check that yours is 600mm.

He might mean the height of course in which case it does vary
according to whether it's a single or double oven. Our replacement
double oven fitted in exactly the same space as the old double oven
though.

Standard width is 600mm, you can also get wider ones (Smeg do some
700mm for example and maybe even 800mm) quite a few companies do 900mm
ones. Depth requires 600mm nowadays so if you have old units you may
have a problem as some are shallower.

Thanks guys. Situation is the previous owner had been making a fine
job of building a new kitchen of his own design using mdf. Since he
had to move on before finishing the job I've been debating whether to
carry on the custom design myself, or replace all base units with B&Q or
Ikea ones. Oven is single, I assume 600mm.
--
Regards
Peter Hughes.

They aren't 600mm in width .. they fit a 600mm unit, they are Approx 560mm
in width, except the front frame which is around 595mm, depth is about 550mm
or less, so that they can fit in to a standard depth unit (doesn't allow for
electrical outlet), heights can vary but expect around 590mm to 600mm at the
front panel a filler panel can take up the rest and you may want to put a
shelf in to raise the oven rather than have a gap at the top if your height
is greater than the front panel of the oven.