N. Thornton

Default Low tack sealant?

In message
From: Christian McArdle )
Subject: Low tack sealant?

Can anyone suggest some sort of low tack silicone type sealant?

I have a number of extremely leaky sash windows that don't even have
weights/sash cord etc. They are currently blowing a gale. I'm

intending to
totally renovate them next summer (i.e. removal, dip, reglaze,

weatherstrip
etc. However, it would be nice not to get an arctic gale in the neck

when
sitting there until then.

What I would like to do is just seal them shut with silicone until

then.
However, silicone is a bitch to remove, so would prefer some

equivalent
without the same level of stickiness and stretchiness. Any ideas?

Christian.

This is an easy one. Put a fat short screw in the side between sash
and bead, one each side, this will press the sash firmly against the
other bead, stopping draughts.

Dipping and reglazing however are not such good ideas, and not really
part of good sash window renovation practice. For more info:
http://www.periodproperty.co.uk/cgi-...sing/forum2.pl

NT
Michael Mcneil

"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om

In message

I wish this ****wit thornton would get a decent newsreader.

Michael Mcneil wrote:
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om

In message

I wish this ****wit thornton would get a decent newsreader.

At least NTs posts have some useful content. Stop posting c**p like
this and you might find time to get a life.

Lobster

Michael Mcneil wrote:
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om

In message

I wish this ****wit thornton would get a decent newsreader.

I don't understand what everyone's banging on about over this issue...
I'm now running Mozilla, and up and till 2-3 days ago, Outlook Express,
and using either of these newsreaders I have no problem viewing NT's
posts, which AFAICS always appear in their proper context!

I also used to post a lot from Google like NT (although not these days)
and personally have never been chastised for doing so.

David
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Lobster wrote:
I don't understand what everyone's banging on about over this issue...
I'm now running Mozilla, and up and till 2-3 days ago, Outlook Express,
and using either of these newsreaders I have no problem viewing NT's
posts, which AFAICS always appear in their proper context!

They're fine here too. And seem to thread ok on the rare occasion I use
threading.

I just assumed it's the usual OE users blaming everyone else for their
system shortcomings...

--
*If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Ian Stirling

Lobster wrote:
Michael Mcneil wrote:
"N. Thornton" wrote in message
om

In message

I wish this ****wit thornton would get a decent newsreader.

I don't understand what everyone's banging on about over this issue...
I'm now running Mozilla, and up and till 2-3 days ago, Outlook Express,
and using either of these newsreaders I have no problem viewing NT's
posts, which AFAICS always appear in their proper context!

They have no References: header, meaning that they will break on
newsreaders that use this header.

Sealant for granite kitchen countertops Les Home Repair 2 December 21st 04 12:16 AM
Sealant and showers Charles Middleton UK diy 3 October 12th 04 11:25 AM
Bath sealant Lawrie UK diy 4 February 25th 04 09:57 AM
Sealant around bath not setting! BraileTrail UK diy 14 January 14th 04 08:49 PM
bathroom sealant Reestit Mutton UK diy 13 December 1st 03 10:03 AM