Seri

Default One tool you cannot live without?

So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Seri

Al Reynolds

"Seri" wrote:
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

[ignoring the "one" above]
Proper SDS drill
Decent multimeter
Decent cordless drill/driver
Decent screwdriver set

Al

[news]

"Al Reynolds" wrote in message ...
"Seri" wrote:
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

[ignoring the "one" above]
Proper SDS drill
Decent multimeter
Decent cordless drill/driver
Decent screwdriver set

Al

drill/driver, all three of them.

henry

one handed ratchet clamps

telescopic/ratchet acro type props.

RT

Lurch

On 14 Dec 2004 07:08:53 -0800, "Seri" strung
together this:

What one tool can you not live without or wish you had brought sooner?

Makita 24V SDS. Worth its weight in gold.
--

SJW
s--p--o--n--i--x

On 14 Dec 2004 07:08:53 -0800, "Seri" wrote:

So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Left handed flange extraction tool.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article . com,
Seri wrote:
So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

My desoldering station. If you do any electronics as a hobby, the best
thing since sliced bread.

For general DIY, a decent SDS drill with rotation stop which isn't too
heavy. Being able to drill any masonry easily or break up small amounts of
concrete or chase without effort was one thing I'd always wanted to do.

Last, an electric tile cutter. Much slower than a score and snap, but
gives a perfect edge and can cut tiny slivers if needed. Makes tiling when
not in a rush a pleasure.

I'm not absolutely sure if a pro cordless drill is worth the cost over a
decent DIY one for most. That would be up to them - depending on use.

--
*Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Lee

Seri wrote:
So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

Decent laptop with wireless network card.
It's a tool isn't it?

I use this one around 12 hours a day...

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
RichardS

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Seri

A Round Tuit.

Without this, I'd get nothing done..

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

nightjar

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without ... ?

Credit card.

Colin Bignell

Mary Fisher

"RichardS" noone@invalid wrote in message
. ..

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Seri

A Round Tuit.

Without this, I'd get nothing done..

Spouse.

Without whom I'd get nothing done.

His pile of tuits is almost as high as he is though ... :-(

Mary

--
Richard Sampson

mail me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Lurch

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:11:45 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
strung together this:

"RichardS" noone@invalid wrote in message

His pile of tuits is almost as high as he is though ... :-(

Why the sad face? I wish I had some tuits.
--

SJW
Seri

Any suggestions on where to source some decent telescopic/ratchet acro
type props? I could do with these for a job at moment replacing two
joists.

Thanks

Seri

[news]

"Seri" wrote in message
oups.com...
Any suggestions on where to source some decent telescopic/ratchet acro
type props? I could do with these for a job at moment replacing two
joists.

Thanks

Seri

I think screwfix have them for about £18 quid a pop

*begin_smug*

I managed to get four for £3.99 each at Lidl !

*end_smug*

RT

The Natural Philosopher

Seri wrote:

So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

My eyes. They came free, but are wearing out.

TonyK

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Seri

As above plus lots of "quick clamps" and petrol chainsaw. An odd but useful
combination :-)

Lobster

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

Drill/driver for sure; also my electric plane

David

Lurch

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:42:16 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
strung together this:

er -no - they're like everyone elses!

Then he's well in there then, everyone else here is struggling for
tuits and he's got loads.
--

SJW
Peter Stockdale

"TonyK" wrote in message

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Seri

I consider my vice(s) to be my most useful tool(s)

Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Malc

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did.

Suggestions?

Wickes compound mitre saw. Only about £20 or less and I use it more than
anything other than a drill. Having a load of cheap drills from the car boot
is good too as you can load each one with a different size drill and save
loads of time.

--
Malc

Scott

"Seri" wrote in message
ups.com...
So Christmas is looming exceedingly close and SWMBO is still trying to
get an idea for a present for me (I'm actually happy with socks but she
doesn't seem to like that suggestion).

So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

For me it's my Makita HR2450 SDS drill, I wish I had brought one a damn
sight sooner than I did

For me it is a bosch cordless drill driver - so useful.

Although my 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 (or whatever it is) candle tourch is
very useful too.
..

Suggestions?

Seri

Owain

"Peter Stockdale" wrote
| I consider my vice(s) to be my most useful tool(s)

And what are your vices? ;-)

Owain

Scott

"Lee" wrote in message
Seri wrote:
So, I thought I'd ask the group a question: What one tool can you not
live without or wish you had brought sooner?

Decent laptop with wireless network card.
It's a tool isn't it?

So is a knife and fork - thinking about it I use them more than I do my
drill driver and zillion candel torch.

I use this one around 12 hours a day...

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Ian White

Scott wrote:

Although my 5,000,000,000,000,000,000 (or whatever it is) candle tourch
is
very useful too.

I've always fancied a light-sabre for cutting the hedge - bzzt, bzzt,
bzzzzt and the job's done. Cordless too.

--
Ian White
Abingdon, England

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 07:15:21 +0000, Ian White made
me spill my meths when he wrote:

I've always fancied a light-sabre for cutting the hedge - bzzt, bzzt,
bzzzzt and the job's done. Cordless too.

And incinerates the cuttings at the same time...
--
Wayne Davies - Mobile 07989 556213 - Harrogate, N.Yorks, UK

Peter Stockdale

"Owain" wrote in message
"Peter Stockdale" wrote
| I consider my vice(s) to be my most useful tool(s)

And what are your vices? ;-)

Owain

Devices that hold the work-piece securely - what else !!

Pete