Tony Bryer

Default Fluorescent striplight for kitchen

In article , F-Red
wrote:
My mother has just moved into a new house and wants a Fluorescent
striplight fitted in the kitchen which measures about 3x4m to
replace the nasty halogen things. (her words).

How intelligent. My mum did the opposite: guess who is the one who
changes the bulbs.

Could anyone advise on the size and wattage needed in a room the
size, also cheapest online source would be helpful.

My kitchen is U-shaped 2.7 x 2.6 and I've got 2 x 1.5m single tubes
each roughly aligned with the front of the worktops either side of
the U. This means you don't create a shadow on the worktop when
you're standing at it.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
F-Red wrote:
Could anyone advise on the size and wattage needed in a room the size,

Wattage depends on the colour of the room - pastel colours require less
than dark ones. It also makes a difference which type of tubes you use -
the most efficient tend to look pretty horrid for domestic use.

also cheapest online source would be helpful. Thanks in advance

TLC is on average decent value.

www.tlc-direct.co.uk

I'd guess at a twin 5 ft as a starting point for a kitchen of that size
with light painted walls and ceiling.

--
*Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
F-Red

Tony Bryer

In article F-Red
wrote:
My mother has just moved into a new house and wants a Fluorescent
striplight fitted in the kitchen which measures about 3x4m to
replace the nasty halogen things. (her words).

How intelligent. My mum did the opposite: guess who is the one who
changes the bulbs.

Thanks for the replies
Mother being of the female breed has dispensed with any discussion and
bought a 58w fitting from B&Q.

And now wants it fitted ASAP ;-(

Fred