Tony Bryer

Default Fluorescent striplight for kitchen

In article , F-Red
wrote:
My mother has just moved into a new house and wants a Fluorescent
striplight fitted in the kitchen which measures about 3x4m to
replace the nasty halogen things. (her words).

How intelligent. My mum did the opposite: guess who is the one who
changes the bulbs.

Could anyone advise on the size and wattage needed in a room the
size, also cheapest online source would be helpful.

My kitchen is U-shaped 2.7 x 2.6 and I've got 2 x 1.5m single tubes
each roughly aligned with the front of the worktops either side of
the U. This means you don't create a shadow on the worktop when
you're standing at it.