Dave

Default Which shower base - "tuff lite", cast stone or ??

I'm tempted by a B&Q Amazon 900x900 quadrant shower, they do 2 base
types: one in cast stone and the other (more expensive) called "tuff lite".
Has anyone any opinions on these?

Are there any other types or sources of shower base I should be
considering? My only restriction is that the waste outlet should be in
the square corner to keep the plumbing simpler.

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)
[news]

"Dave" wrote in message ...
I'm tempted by a B&Q Amazon 900x900 quadrant shower, they do 2 base
types: one in cast stone and the other (more expensive) called "tuff lite".
Has anyone any opinions on these?

Are there any other types or sources of shower base I should be
considering? My only restriction is that the waste outlet should be in
the square corner to keep the plumbing simpler.

--
Dave S

coram waterguard is what I'm fitting http://www.coram.co.uk/

hth

RT

Dave

[news] wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message ...

I'm tempted by a B&Q Amazon 900x900 quadrant shower, they do 2 base
types: one in cast stone and the other (more expensive) called "tuff lite".
Has anyone any opinions on these?

Are there any other types or sources of shower base I should be
considering? My only restriction is that the waste outlet should be in
the square corner to keep the plumbing simpler.

--
Dave S

coram waterguard is what I'm fitting http://www.coram.co.uk/

hth

RT

Thanks but they seem to be very high off the floor and the outlet looks
like it's in the curved bit, not in the corner.

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)
[news]

"Dave" wrote in message ...
[news] wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message ...

I'm tempted by a B&Q Amazon 900x900 quadrant shower, they do 2 base
types: one in cast stone and the other (more expensive) called "tuff lite".
Has anyone any opinions on these?

Are there any other types or sources of shower base I should be
considering? My only restriction is that the waste outlet should be in
the square corner to keep the plumbing simpler.

--
Dave S

coram waterguard is what I'm fitting http://www.coram.co.uk/

hth

RT

Thanks but they seem to be very high off the floor

/checks spec sheet

210mm to 240mm and the rigid surround panels do away with a helluva
lot of buggering about with bits of wood, which will have to be painted
and will rot eventually.

and the outlet looks like it's in the curved bit, not in the corner.

/checks post

how do you mean, keep the plumbing simpler ? it's pushfit, innit ?
bit o silicone grease on the trap and it's pushfit from there on in !

I would have thought (and indeed did) that having a very high quality tray with a
patented watertight upstand would be the most important feature of a tray.

I've looked at about a dozen different trays and I've settled on this brand.

send off for their latest 'new generation waterguard showertray' brochure, the one
with the fitting guide, before making a decision. ring em up on 01746 713 400
and a brochure will be with you on monday.

hth

RT

Dave

[news] wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message ...

[news] wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message ...

[...]

I want to sit this on the floor and run the waste between the joists,
this gives a height of 60-70mm. - but I'll certainly check the Coram
ones in more detail before deciding.

--
Dave S
(The return email address is a dummy)

Cultured Stone in Shower Stan Poliskey Home Repair 10 July 4th 19 03:44 PM
Best mobile base for Unisaw with cast iron skirt Heath Roberts Woodworking 8 March 6th 04 06:29 AM
Shower base repair Kevin Webb UK diy 0 January 19th 04 03:09 AM
Review of the new Porter Cable 895PK- Part 1 Greg G. Woodworking 37 January 8th 04 02:37 AM
Thermostatic or electric shower from combi Enoesque UK diy 27 October 8th 03 11:53 AM