Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Muse

Default building regs for staircases

Hi,

Does anyone know if building regulations requires you to have a hand
rail/banister or wall on both sides of a staircase?
As i have just removed a stud wall separating our stairs from another
room and now it is an open gap (which we would like to keep this way).
The other wall still exists and has a hand rail.
How do I contact someone from buildling regulations to come and
inspect it and does it cost anything?

Thanks,
Muse, UK