Christian McArdle

Default building regs for staircases

What about those complicated wrought iron swirls which just ASK to be
climbed?

That's between you and the BCO. Make sure you put the kettle on before
he/she arrives.

Our children couldn't and our grandchildren can't be kept from
climbing on and sliding down our banister.

Sounds fantastic. When do I get an invite? ;-)

I'm sure the regs are felt to be essential by those who make them but
where do you stop? I've been in houses with kiddie-safe gates at top
and bottom of stairs - when the youngest child was five.

Ouch. I would say 6 months to around the 3 year mark might be more
reasonable, myself, depending very much on the individuals involved, of
course.

Christian.