Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
nospam

Default Boiler installation - how much

Getting a 13 yr old gravity fed boiler system replaced by a Halstead Ace
High combi boiler system.

Would this require replacing any existing radiator pipework to prevent
excessive noise or leaks due to the increased pressure - currently got 8mm
radiator pipes not sure about underfloor piping?

Also, while they're doing the installation I've asked for them to replace
the 12 radiator valves with thermostatic ones. How long is this likely to
take to do seeing as the system is bled anyway.

Also, the hot water tank is being replaced by a closet radiator (as the
missus wants an airing cupboard still).

Current quote is £1800 including the boiler - does this sound reasonable or
is it only me that thinks I'm being ripped off :-) ?

Noisy banging boiler what is the cause? Tim UK diy 8 November 3rd 04 09:36 PM
Ideal Classic RS boiler installation David Hearn UK diy 2 January 25th 04 11:10 PM
Replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 38 November 12th 03 11:10 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM
oil fired boiler installation, west berks/wiltshire area James UK diy 1 July 18th 03 09:06 PM