Owain

"Rod Hewitt" wrote
| I'll have you know that heating a motorbike chain in a tin of lube
| on my mother's cooker, forgetting about it and only noticing the
| spitting and black smoke does not constitute misuse! Perfectly
| proper use of a cooker in the kitchen.

Yeah, but not of a tin of lube. They're not designed for direct heat. You
should have emptied the contents into a saucepan first.

Over on uk.food+drink.misc there's a thread developing on American turkey
fryers. You could do a gearbox in one of those.

Owain

Rod Hewitt

"Owain" wrote in
:

Yeah, but not of a tin of lube. They're not designed for direct heat. You
should have emptied the contents into a saucepan first.

Over on uk.food+drink.misc there's a thread developing on American turkey
fryers. You could do a gearbox in one of those.

Surprisingly, the tin was hardly affected. But in case there are any kids
viewing, it is not the best approach. Mind, I'm not sure about my mother's
reaction to lube in one of her pans.

--
Rod

www.annalaurie.co.uk
Rich Williams

Why cannot I reply to this group _ keeps coming back!
"Rod Hewitt" wrote in message
"Owain" wrote in
:

Yeah, but not of a tin of lube. They're not designed for direct heat.

You
should have emptied the contents into a saucepan first.

Over on uk.food+drink.misc there's a thread developing on American

turkey
fryers. You could do a gearbox in one of those.

Surprisingly, the tin was hardly affected. But in case there are any kids
viewing, it is not the best approach. Mind, I'm not sure about my mother's
reaction to lube in one of her pans.

--
Rod

www.annalaurie.co.uk