david thorpe

Default Temporary finish for breeze blobks

I have a smallish extension on my house which for the CH boiler.

It's made from breeze blocks, properly roofed etc. However, it should
be finshed with a layer of stones to match the house but I can't
afford to do this yet.

I have no experience of working with breeze blocks.

Is there any way I can weatherproof it and pretty it up a little?

David

Christian McArdle

Is there any way I can weatherproof it and pretty it up a little?

Sand/cement render and masonry paint?

Christian.

Mary Fisher

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
. net...
Is there any way I can weatherproof it and pretty it up a little?

Sand/cement render and masonry paint?

We just used masonry paint on the garage, made a huge difference.

Mary

Christian.

Owain

"david thorpe" wrote
| I have a smallish extension on my house which for the CH boiler.
| It's made from breeze blocks, properly roofed etc. However, it
| should be finshed with a layer of stones to match the house but
| I can't afford to do this yet.
| I have no experience of working with breeze blocks.
| Is there any way I can weatherproof it and pretty it up a little?

Assuming you want something easily removable for when you come to do the
outer stone cladding, you could use Tyvek held down with battens, which
would not look pretty, or corrugated 'iron' or plastic as cladding (the
corrugations would provide ventilation to 50% of the wall surface, provided
you have a small gap at top and bottom) which would keep the weather off.

Corrugated iron painted would look reasonably presentable in a sheddish sort
of way.

Owain

Bob Minchin

Christian McArdle wrote in message
Is there any way I can weatherproof it and pretty it up a little?

Sand/cement render and masonry paint?

Christian.

If you paint it, you will never get the surface to take fresh render and
stones if that is your final intention?

Bob

david thorpe

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:00:25 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

Assuming you want something easily removable for when you come to do the
outer stone cladding, you could use Tyvek held down with battens, which
would not look pretty,

Thanks for the advice, everyone. Seems it's a matter of how temporary
I'd want it to be.

David