Owain

"david thorpe" wrote
| I have a smallish extension on my house which for the CH boiler.
| It's made from breeze blocks, properly roofed etc. However, it
| should be finshed with a layer of stones to match the house but
| I can't afford to do this yet.
| I have no experience of working with breeze blocks.
| Is there any way I can weatherproof it and pretty it up a little?

Assuming you want something easily removable for when you come to do the
outer stone cladding, you could use Tyvek held down with battens, which
would not look pretty, or corrugated 'iron' or plastic as cladding (the
corrugations would provide ventilation to 50% of the wall surface, provided
you have a small gap at top and bottom) which would keep the weather off.

Corrugated iron painted would look reasonably presentable in a sheddish sort
of way.

Owain