Eiron

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Complete tosser, con artist and self publicist. No wonder maggie
knighted him

He should be Lord Sinclair by now.
He did as much for electronics as Jeffrey did for literature.

--
Eiron.
IMM

One in ten sort of worked.

Ypu have forgotten the project I worked on - the pocket television.

After taking ten years of advance orders, he shipped just enough rubbish
to avoid being sued, and it vanished wiothout trace.

I left because i told him it wouldn't work,
and he wouldn't believe me,

Did it work?

and his current shagbunny called
me names,

That is understandable.

and I told her what to do.

Did she do it? Did she do what they do at the snotty unis's?

Complete tosser,

No taste in clothes or haircuts.

con artist and self publicist. No wonder maggie
knighted him

She was a such a loser, and no taste in clothes either, and always backed
the losers too. She even backed Archer too, who claimed to have been to
snotty uni, but nver and no doubt did what they did. Maggie probably did
what all the others do at the snotty uni's and that was why she was like
that.

I'd burn 'em all.

The Natural Philosopher

Andy Wade wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

PWM - pulse width modulated. I know a couple of people that made them,
but
failed to get them to work. The principle is around today, though.

There were two PWM amplifier products, IIRC, the X-10 and the X-20.
These were 10 and 20 'watt' (that's Sinclair watts, not SI watts)
supposedly hi-fi amps. They came as kits - just a bare PCB and handful
of components - no housing of any kind.

I had an X-10 and also failed to make it work in any meaningful fashion.
There was no filtering of any kind on the output, so the RFI generated
was considerable: enough to wipe out LW and MW radio reception for a
considerable radius. I did get some audio o/p - into a Goodmans Axiette
8 (more nostalgia) - but hi-fi it certainly wasn't, more like 50% THD. I
gave up on it and never bought another Sinclair product, ever. In
contrast the Mullard 3-3 valve amp design I'd built a year or so before
worked very nicely for several years, eventually being replaced by the
Bailey 30W transistor design published in the Wireless World (~ 1968).

yep. same here. Excellent that Bailey was,. I mena, it worked!

I've still got the X-10 in its original box somewhere in the loft. I
wonder if it's a valuable collector's item by now?

only if you are into industrial pornograhy :-)

The Natural Philosopher

Eiron wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Complete tosser, con artist and self publicist. No wonder maggie
knighted him

He should be Lord Sinclair by now.
He did as much for electronics as Jeffrey did for literature.

He did as much for wife swapping as Tony has done for iresponsible
lying. That place was a complete shagshack.

IMM

Andy Wade wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

[...]

Is that what the snots do as well? My God....

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

One in ten sort of worked.

Ypu have forgotten the project I worked on - the pocket television.

After taking ten years of advance orders, he shipped just enough rubbish
to avoid being sued, and it vanished wiothout trace.

I left because i told him it wouldn't work,
and he wouldn't believe me,

Did it work?

no.

and his current shagbunny called
me names,

That is understandable.

and I told her what to do.

Did she do it? Did she do what they do at the snotty unis's?

no, she was already doing it with Clive.

Complete tosser,

No taste in clothes or haircuts.

or chldren, if rumour is to be believed.

con artist and self publicist. No wonder maggie
knighted him

She was a such a loser, and no taste in clothes either, and always backed
the losers too. She even backed Archer too, who claimed to have been to
snotty uni, but nver and no doubt did what they did. Maggie probably did
what all the others do at the snotty uni's and that was why she was like
that.

I'd burn 'em all.

forced to agree with you, as long as we can use Bliar and prescott as
firelighters, and that revolting little squinter.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
yep. same here. Excellent that Bailey was,. I mena, it worked!

Still using a Linsey Hood - listening to it at the minute driving a pair
of LS3/5a off FreeView radio.

--
*Sometimes I wake up grumpy; Other times I let him sleep.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Eiron

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Still using a Linsey Hood - listening to it at the minute driving a pair

Which one? One of the class A designs or the AB 75 watt jobbie?

of LS3/5a off FreeView radio.

Details? vintage, manufacturer?

--
Eiron.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Eiron wrote:
Still using a Linsey Hood - listening to it at the minute driving a
pair

Which one? One of the class A designs or the AB 75 watt jobbie?

75 watt.

of LS3/5a off FreeView radio.

Details? vintage, manufacturer?

Ah. A real oddity. Chartwell kits sold to BBC staff.

Got another pair in the kitchen - made by Rogers.

--
*Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Andy Wade

Eiron wrote:

[LS3/5A]
Details?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1976-29.pdf

--
Andy

Eiron

Andy Wade wrote:

Eiron wrote:

[LS3/5A]

Details?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/1976-29.pdf

Ah, a subtle hint that it doesn't matter who made Dave's
speakers as all LS3/5a's sound the same. :-)

--
Eiron.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Eiron wrote:
Ah, a subtle hint that it doesn't matter who made Dave's
speakers as all LS3/5a's sound the same. :-)

I doubt any two speakers sound exactly the same if you were to measure
accurately enough. However, my Chartwell pair have adjustable crossovers
so I set them to match the Rogers as closely as possible. One of each used
as a pair but switched to mono gives a pretty stable central image.

--
*Microsoft broke Volkswagen's record: They only made 21.4 million bugs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Cleaning VCR - need help and a diagram Mike Electronics Repair 8 September 15th 04 03:54 PM
Adjusting audio head on Pana NV-9100 U-Matic Wild Bill Electronics Repair 0 June 12th 04 01:41 AM
Grooveless shower head pipe? Robert Schultz Home Repair 3 January 3rd 04 04:40 AM
Printer Reestit Mutton UK diy 16 October 31st 03 10:06 AM
Fisher cassette heads bg Electronics Repair 5 July 30th 03 05:04 AM