Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
N. Thornton

Default flourescent tube colour washing?

Dave Plowman wrote in message ...
In article ,
N. Thornton wrote:

I would not recommend anything as high colour temp as that for
domestic use. 4500K is going to look terrible, and 4700K a shade
worse.

Depends whether you want to retain the accuracy of the colours on your
monitor - although this depends on what colour temperature it's designed
or set up for.

Tubes like that look terrible under all conditions. Cool white is the
tube that gave fluorescents such a bad name, and 4500K is quite
similar to cool white, being nearly as nasty. The only exception I've
found is with extremely low powers, like 2w, which give an icy moonlit
nightlighting effect.

3500K shouldnt distort the eye's view of 6000K monitor colours - but
setting a monitor to 9000K is both colour distortion and not very
pleasant to work with. I've never really understood why its a popular
setting. Things look so much better at more sensible colour temps.

Regards, NT