Grouch

Default Looking for a draincock

Lobster wrote:
|| Hi
|| Bit puzzled... I want to fit a new stopcock on my rising main, with
|| an in-line drain cock just above the stop cock. \but can i find one
|| of these anywhere? All I can find are blind-ended drain cocks like
|| this: http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...85394&id=13349
|| Using something like this would mean fitting a T-piece to the rising
|| main, with one of these on the end of the T. I'm sure I've seen
|| in-line versions of these - haven't I? ie, water in at the bottom,
|| out at the top, with an angled outlet controlled by a turnkey?
|| Thanks
|| David

How many Cock's you got altogether. :-)

--
Grouch

Neil Jones

"Lobster" wrote in message
Hi

Bit puzzled... I want to fit a new stopcock on my rising main, with an
in-line drain cock just above the stop cock. \but can i find one of these
anywhere? All I can find are blind-ended drain cocks like this:
Using something like this would mean fitting a T-piece to the rising main,
with one of these on the end of the T. I'm sure I've seen in-line

versions
of these - haven't I? ie, water in at the bottom, out at the top, with an
angled outlet controlled by a turnkey?

Thanks
David

Not actually of any help to you, but I had a leaflet from my water company
suggesting they could change my stop cock for a lever valve + drain cock
combination. I could have sworn the picture showed an inline drain cock, but
this is the photo on their website:-

http://www.mkw-plumbing.co.uk/levervalve.htm

Neil

Christian McArdle

Using something like this would mean fitting a T-piece to the rising main,
with one of these on the end of the T.

I'm sure the cost of a T piece isn't prohibitive.

Christian.

Lobster

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message . net...
Using something like this would mean fitting a T-piece to the rising main,
with one of these on the end of the T.

I'm sure the cost of a T piece isn't prohibitive.

Sure! and I will fit one if need be; but it's just a bit untidy, bit
more long-winded to fit and I can't understand why I can't find the
right bit to do the job properly!
David
Malcolm Stewart

"Neil Jones" wrote in message

http://www.mkw-plumbing.co.uk/levervalve.htm

Looks like just what I need.
Seems as though Anglian Water isn't offering this service. No mention on their
website... Anyone know different?

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Bob Eager

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 08:56:42 UTC, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

Not actually of any help to you, but I had a leaflet from my water company
suggesting they could change my stop cock for a lever valve + drain cock
combination. I could have sworn the picture showed an inline drain cock, but
this is the photo on their website:-

http://www.mkw-plumbing.co.uk/levervalve.htm

Yes, MKW fitted one of those for me. It has a draincock immediately
above the lever valve; inline, angled spout.

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...
John

Has anyone tried one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/2z2te

It looks promising. (However, a bit OT as it doesn't address draining
query.)

--

Regards

John

wrote:

Not actually of any help to you, but I had a leaflet from my water

company
suggesting they could change my stop cock for a lever valve + drain cock
combination. I could have sworn the picture showed an inline drain cock,

but
this is the photo on their website:-

http://www.mkw-plumbing.co.uk/levervalve.htm

Yes, MKW fitted one of those for me. It has a draincock immediately
above the lever valve; inline, angled spout.

--
Bob Eager

---
All of my outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

FrancisJK

"Lobster" wrote in message
Hi

Bit puzzled... I want to fit a new stopcock on my rising main, with an
in-line drain cock just above the stop cock. \but can i find one of these
anywhere? All I can find are blind-ended drain cocks like this:
Using something like this would mean fitting a T-piece to the rising main,
with one of these on the end of the T. I'm sure I've seen in-line

versions
of these - haven't I? ie, water in at the bottom, out at the top, with an
angled outlet controlled by a turnkey?

Thanks
David

Try

http://www.bes.ltd.uk

and go to pipes and fittings, straight couplers uk

FrancisJK