Boovee

Default Inhibitor in Worcester 28Si II

Hi, I`ve just had a new Combi boiler fitted. (28i II Worcester).
The engineer who fitted it is coming back in a few weeks to flush the
system through (the boiler has had to supply a new extension too).
Question:
1)There was no inhibitor added on comissioning- is this OK?
2) Should a flushing agent be used to flush the system through?
3) Should an inhibitor be used after flushing?
$) if so ,the best inhibitor please.

The boilers working fine and I`m really pleased with it. Are these a
good make?

Thanx
Andrew Barnes

surely it should have been flushed before the boiler was fitted?

Mike Barnard

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:22:32 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

the boiler and a strainer fitted to the return near to it to prevent
any crud getting into the heat exchanger.

PMFBI but as I fitted my own boiler recently I'd like to know about
this strainer. Where does it fit? (In the pipework (anywhere at all
or near the boiler?) or the boiler?). Does it need servicing, ie
replacement filters or cleaning of some sort? Got a link?

I've been lurking in this group for a while now but this is the first
I've seen on this. If it'll save me having damage dont to the boiler
now is the time to do it.

But, if it's so important, isn't one built in to start with? (WB
greenstar 30 condensing combi).

Thanks. Loadsa questions!

--
Regards from Mike Barnard
South Coast, UK.

[To reply by email remove ".trousers" spamtrap from email address]
Andy Hall

wrote:

the boiler and a strainer fitted to the return near to it to prevent
any crud getting into the heat exchanger.

PMFBI but as I fitted my own boiler recently I'd like to know about
this strainer. Where does it fit? (In the pipework (anywhere at all
or near the boiler?) or the boiler?). Does it need servicing, ie
replacement filters or cleaning of some sort? Got a link?

I've been lurking in this group for a while now but this is the first
I've seen on this. If it'll save me having damage dont to the boiler
now is the time to do it.

But, if it's so important, isn't one built in to start with? (WB
greenstar 30 condensing combi).

Thanks. Loadsa questions!

No problem.

Something like BES part no 7533 if you have 22mm pipe.
www.bes.ltd.uk

Some manufacturers include these in the fitting kit, some specify but
don't supply.

The fitting goes in the return path to the boiler near to the boiler.
The direction is indicated by an arrow.

Inside the Y branch when you undo the nut is a cylindrical fine mesh
stainless steel strainer. The crud consisting of particles and bits
of copper swarf are collected by it as the water passes through.

I found it easiest to put a full bore isolating valve on either side
of it so that I can isolate it from the system without draining down
or even depressurising. Once a year I just power off, undo the
strainer, rinse it out under the tap, replace, open isolating valves
and power up.

During the early period of installation, it might be worth checking
more frequently in case there is more than average stuff.

For the cost of a tenner in bits, it's sensible to install one.
Of course, if you've put inhibitor in and have to drain down it's a
bit of a shame but still cheap.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Mike Barnard

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:15:38 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

the boiler and a strainer fitted to the return near to it to prevent
any crud getting into the heat exchanger.

PMFBI but as I fitted my own boiler recently I'd like to know about
this strainer. Where does it fit? (In the pipework (anywhere at all

No problem.

Something like BES part no 7533 if you have 22mm pipe.
www.bes.ltd.uk

Seems so simple! Sure I can find somewhere to put it, but so much
piping is hidden I may have to make a hatch or summat for servicing
it. Thanks for that.