Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Tim Downie

Default ARRGGGHH!!! Can't get this f$cking wallpaper off!

Many moons ago, we redecorated our younger daughter's room by peeling off
the exisiting vinyl wallpaper and simply painting over the remaining layer
of paper.

Fast-forward a good few years and we're trying to remove that thin layer of
painter paper. No amount of perforating, soaking, steaming or blow-torching
(you can tell I'm getting a little desperate) will enable us to scrape off
this wretched stuff at a rate faster that 1 square foot every 20 minutes to
half an hour!

I don't know whether it's simply the effect of the paint making the paper
waterproof of some strange paste used many years ago before we bought the
house.

Any suggestions?

Tim

Paintable Wallpaper Monica Home Repair 4 May 18th 04 11:59 AM
Paintable Wallpaper barry martin Home Repair 0 May 18th 04 10:51 AM
Wallpaper removal not going so well... Liz Home Ownership 8 May 17th 04 05:33 AM
applying wallpaper mural to sheet of plywood kdoret Home Repair 2 August 20th 03 12:40 AM
Painting over Wallpaper Kyle Boatright Home Repair 1 July 20th 03 03:11 PM