geoff

Default Problem with a Makita 6095D Drill

Does anybody know how the chuck is secured on a Makita 6095 Drill?

Splined, taper, keyed, threaded?

I've tried everything to get it off and so far, no joy

Somebody must know

--
geoff
Harry Bloomfield

geoff used his keyboard to write :
Does anybody know how the chuck is secured on a Makita 6095 Drill?

Splined, taper, keyed, threaded?

I've tried everything to get it off and so far, no joy

Somebody must know

If it is a chuck key type, then all of these I have come across are
threaded. Insert the chuck key and give it a sharp blow with a hammer
in the opposite way to the way it would normally turn whilst drilling a
hole.... In other words holding the chuck and starting the drill would
cause the chuck to screw itself in.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Steve

geoff wrote:

Does anybody know how the chuck is secured on a Makita 6095 Drill?

Splined, taper, keyed, threaded?

I've tried everything to get it off and so far, no joy

Somebody must know

Chuck removing tips, may not apply to Makita.

Removed any screws from the bottom of the chuck ? There is usually one
sneaked down there.

Its usually left hand threaded.

Steve
John Rumm

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

If it is a chuck key type, then all of these I have come across are
threaded. Insert the chuck key and give it a sharp blow with a hammer in
the opposite way to the way it would normally turn whilst drilling a
hole.... In other words holding the chuck and starting the drill would
cause the chuck to screw itself in.

If it is a drill with reverse setting, then there may be a screw holding
it as well. Open the chuck to its widest and look inside it - there is
often a screw there which needs to be removed first (may be a counter
thread).

--
Cheers,

John.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

If it is a chuck key type, then all of these I have come across are
threaded. Insert the chuck key and give it a sharp blow with a hammer
in the opposite way to the way it would normally turn whilst drilling a
hole.... In other words holding the chuck and starting the drill would
cause the chuck to screw itself in.

But first check there isn't a screw holding it *as well* - open the chuck
fully and look. If the drill is a reversing type it will have a left hand
thread screw to stop the chuck unscrewing, so this must be removed first
before using your method.

--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

geoff

In message , John Rumm
writes
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

If it is a chuck key type, then all of these I have come across are
threaded. Insert the chuck key and give it a sharp blow with a hammer
in the opposite way to the way it would normally turn whilst drilling
a hole.... In other words holding the chuck and starting the drill
would cause the chuck to screw itself in.

If it is a drill with reverse setting, then there may be a screw
holding it as well. Open the chuck to its widest and look inside it -
there is often a screw there which needs to be removed first (may be a
counter thread).

Yes, it's a bi-directional drill

I'll check for a screw tomorrow, thanks
--