John Biddiscombe

Default 2 Radiators not getting hot

Hello,

Last year I put some fernox in the system and flushed it out and put in
inhibitor. The radiators are so much hotter than they used to be, and the
boiler makes less noise.

But...

Now two radiators downstairs are not getting hot unless I turn the other
ones upstairs off. Presumably, blockages in the upstairs cirtuit are cleared
and less pressure/flow is available to the downstairs radiators.

Can anyone suggest anytthing I can do to improve the flow downstairs. I've
put some sludge remover (Sentinel X400 or something similar - can't remember
the name) in to make sure there's no blockage downstairs.

thanks

JB
PS. Pump is quite new (fitted it after flushing with fernox) and quite
powerful in terms of output. Can check on make/model if necessary

Set Square

John Biddiscombe wrote:

[...]

It probably just a matter of balancing the system - by partially closing the
lockshield valves on the hottest rads in order to force more of the flow
through the others. If this creates more overall resistance to flow, you may
need to increase the pump speed if it is adjustable.

Cheers,
Set Square
______

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
John Biddiscombe wrote:
Now two radiators downstairs are not getting hot unless I turn the other
ones upstairs off. Presumably, blockages in the upstairs cirtuit are
cleared and less pressure/flow is available to the downstairs radiators.

Can anyone suggest anytthing I can do to improve the flow downstairs.

First thing to do is to follow the balancing procedure as outlined in the
FAQ.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
John Biddiscombe

First thing to do is to follow the balancing procedure as outlined in the
FAQ.

Found " The UK.D-I-Y Frequently Asked Questions
Phil Addison's Balancing Central Heating Radiators FAQ"

Thanks. for both of the replies, I'll follow this procedure.

JB

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
John Biddiscombe wrote:
First thing to do is to follow the balancing procedure as outlined in
the FAQ.

Found " The UK.D-I-Y Frequently Asked Questions
Phil Addison's Balancing Central Heating Radiators FAQ"

Thanks. for both of the replies, I'll follow this procedure.

It's not a five minute job to do properly, but should sort 99% of these
type of problems. If it doesn't, you'll soon get help here.

--
*I'm not as think as you drunk I am.