David White

Default Downstairs Radiators not heating

Hi,

I have a gas boiler system. Recently, we were without heat for about a
week, while we were getting a new solenoid fitted to the filter on the
boiler. Since this was fixed however, when the heating is on, no heat
is getting to the downstairs radiators, while the upstairs radiators
are hot.

When I turn off all the upstairs radiators, the downstairs radiators
heat up no problem, but will not heat when both upstairs and
downstairs are on simultanously.

I tried to bleed the downstairs radiators in case there were
airpockets, but water came out immediately, with no hissing air.

Any ideas? Before the heating was off for a week while the filter was
being fixed there were no problems.

Thanks in advance, David
---
To reply privately, remove "david" and replace with "dave" in email
address.
Mike Taylor

Radiators may/prabably need balancing
Turn all the upstairs rads of by the lovksheild valve. Then turn each one on
by a quarter. Hopefully all rads will now be on. If not it is a case of
adjusting upsatirs till all rads are working

Christian McArdle

Radiators may/prabably need balancing
Turn all the upstairs rads of by the lovksheild valve. Then turn each
one on by a quarter.

It is very unlikely to be a balancing issue, as they worked before and the
balancing adjustment wasn't touched. Setting all radiators to 1/4 on is far
more likely to bugger up the balancing than cure it.

Christian.

Another heating problem question! David Hearn UK diy 9 December 12th 03 08:29 PM
"Sludge Problem" with central heating radiators discoverer UK diy 11 November 17th 03 10:07 PM
Downstairs radiators cold? mark UK diy 3 November 17th 03 06:41 PM
central heating probs mark UK diy 3 October 20th 03 11:35 AM
Pool water in central heating system Andy Hall UK diy 1 September 2nd 03 05:01 PM