David Krause

Default Ukappliances nightmare

Has anybody had success with Ukappliances.co.uk? We have had a cooker hood
on order since 8th Feb and a washing machine since 24th Feb. E-mails and
phone calls have revealed that the cooker hood is now been discontinued. The
woman on the phone said that in spite of that they would honour the order.
However nothing has arrived.

The washing machine is apparently stuck in a warehouse. The woman on the
phone said that the store man has 'thrown a paddy' so nothing can be shipped
this week.

Is the company going bust? Has anybody actually got anything from these
people?

David

Andy Hall

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 22:18:57 -0000, "David Krause"
wrote:

Has anybody had success with Ukappliances.co.uk? We have had a cooker hood
on order since 8th Feb and a washing machine since 24th Feb. E-mails and
phone calls have revealed that the cooker hood is now been discontinued. The
woman on the phone said that in spite of that they would honour the order.
However nothing has arrived.

The washing machine is apparently stuck in a warehouse. The woman on the
phone said that the store man has 'thrown a paddy' so nothing can be shipped
this week.

Is the company going bust? Has anybody actually got anything from these
people?

David

Have you paid?

Did you pay by credit card?

If so, just cancel the transaction and tell the card company.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
AK

"David Krause" wrote in message
Has anybody had success with Ukappliances.co.uk? We have had a cooker hood
on order since 8th Feb and a washing machine since 24th Feb. E-mails and
phone calls have revealed that the cooker hood is now been discontinued.

The
woman on the phone said that in spite of that they would honour the order.
However nothing has arrived.

The washing machine is apparently stuck in a warehouse. The woman on the
phone said that the store man has 'thrown a paddy' so nothing can be

shipped
this week.

Is the company going bust? Has anybody actually got anything from these
people?

I have never used them but I have used http://www.be-direct.co.uk/ I have
been using them for the last 5 years to buy 2x TV's, 2x VCRs, 1x DVD, 1x
Fridge Freezer, 1x Dishwasher and 1x washing machine. They have been
brilliant every time and the prices are very good, even when I had a problem
with the widescreen TV after 6 weeks (not a major problem) they just sent me
a new one. Maybe you should consider cancelling your irder and looking at
BE Direct.

Angela

Robert James

I've had brilliant service from them and I changed my order - it was a year
or so back when I refurbed the Kitchen, so maybe they have hit problems.
Ask to speak to a manager.

As Andy says, you've got the credit card company protecting you - you did
pay by cc didn't you.....

HTH,

Bob

"David Krause" wrote in message
Has anybody had success with Ukappliances.co.uk? We have had a cooker hood
on order since 8th Feb and a washing machine since 24th Feb. E-mails and
phone calls have revealed that the cooker hood is now been discontinued.

The
woman on the phone said that in spite of that they would honour the order.
However nothing has arrived.

The washing machine is apparently stuck in a warehouse. The woman on the
phone said that the store man has 'thrown a paddy' so nothing can be

shipped
this week.

Is the company going bust? Has anybody actually got anything from these
people?

David

Colin Wilson

Has anybody had success with Ukappliances.co.uk? We have had a cooker hood
on order since 8th Feb and a washing machine since 24th Feb. E-mails and
phone calls have revealed that the cooker hood is now been discontinued. The
woman on the phone said that in spite of that they would honour the order.
However nothing has arrived.
Is the company going bust? Has anybody actually got anything from these
people?

Have they taken payment ?
Did you pay by credit card ?

If you paid by credot card and you`re getting dicked around, contact the
CC company and explain the situation - under the terms of the consumer
credit act in the UK, the CC co. are jointly liable.

They might approach the vendor on your behalf, or might just do a
chargeback against them so you get refunded.

Individual.NET

"AK" wrote in message

[...]

Never used BE Direct, but a quick scan of their prices for several washing
machines and TVs suggested that they were at least 30% more expensive than
others etailers that can be found using pricerunner.co.uk.

Even if their service is indeed very good, I don't think I would accept
anything less than them operating my TV's remote to order for the premiums
that they charge...

gna03633

"David Krause" wrote in news:vJ28c.133$l96.116
@newsfe1-win:

Ukappliances.co.uk?

We bought about £800 of Kitchen Stuff from UKAppliances with no problems,
it got delivered by the Manufacturer.

Be-direct (Ben Evans, they are based in my home village) have good service
though can be a bit more expensive
G&M

"gna03633" wrote in message
07...
"David Krause" wrote in

@newsfe1-win:

Ukappliances.co.uk?

We bought about £800 of Kitchen Stuff from UKAppliances with no problems,
it got delivered by the Manufacturer.

Just ordered a load of things from them and got a letter insisting we unpack
and check everything fully before signing the courier slip. I'm sure the
delivery guy is going to be really chuffed with that - NOT !

Not even sure I've enough room to unpack everything in one go anyway.

Aqualisa Shower Nightmare TheScullster UK diy 2 February 26th 04 08:31 AM
seimens home delivery nightmare! Kerry Hoskin UK diy 1 January 9th 04 11:37 PM
New system nightmare Victoria UK diy 18 December 23rd 03 12:30 PM
Neighbours new conservatory nightmare... supermoocow UK diy 34 November 16th 03 11:38 PM
patio nightmare ! george UK diy 2 September 5th 03 03:31 PM