^^tHe^MiXeR^^

Default B & Q bathroom suite

Bought a new Bathroom suite from B & Q a couple of weeks ago.

Managed to get round to installing it over last week. Although I'm extremely
happy with the Toilet, Bath & Basin, I was a bit disappointed with the
quality of the seals for the Cistern to Pan, and both wastes for the Bath &
Sink.

The seal for the Cistern, seems to small, and upon fitting it, wouldn't
allow the Valve inside the Cistern to position itself correctly over the
hole to prevent leaks. While trying to get this right, I discovered a small
crack on the side of the hole, just enough to help the leak from between the
Cistern and the Pan.

Went to B & Q, upon there expertise, gave me some sealer to seal the crack,
until a replacement can be made.

Can't for the life of me get the sink & bath to stop leaking from the wastes
underneath. It seems as if the seals supplied are just to flimsy for the
job. At the moment I've just applied some more sealer between the bowls and
the plugs.

I have used some compression hoses, as opposed to soldering on to existing
copper pipes. One has started to slightly weep. Anyone had any problems by
using these, instead of soldering ?

Cheers, Rob

mrcheerful

&
[...]

B and q sell a basin fitting kit with a sort of conical rubber seal, these
work really well, no sealant needed

mrcheerful

Christian McArdle

Can't for the life of me get the sink & bath to stop leaking from the
wastes
underneath.

I would generally throw away the wastes that come with bathroom suites
(unless its a really expensive one). Get a decent one made out of actual
materials such metal and plastic, rather than the freebie one that cost them
20p made from God know's what.

I have used some compression hoses, as opposed to soldering on to existing
copper pipes. One has started to slightly weep. Anyone had any problems by
using these, instead of soldering ?

Tighten it more. Compression joints are perfectly reliable when correctly
assembled. If tightening makes it worse, then it was already overtightened.
Start again from scratch!

Christian.

^^tHe^MiXeR^^

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Yes, I think I've over them !

Thanks for the feedback.

fitting bathroom suite Paul UK diy 1 March 24th 04 04:38 AM
Screwfix Bathroom Suite Rod Hewitt UK diy 1 July 29th 03 06:41 AM