EricP

Default Combi Programmer?

Anyone suggest a decent thermostat or thermostat and programmer?
Pointless to buy an all singing one with most of the functions wasted.

Graham Tavener

Just bought a Horstmann digital stat (screwfix ref 17585) and C17 programmer
(27967) from Screwfix for my new combi. They are doing a special on the
stat at the moment. Works well and was easy to connect. Stat has 5/2 day
with 8 temp settings, this works very well and I just leave the programmer
set to 24hrs at the moment and let the stat decide when to heat. Might just
use the programmer to disable the heating when the house is unoccupied. Bit
of overkill having a programmer and programmable stat, but saves opening the
boiler cover to turn the heating off when we are out of the house I suppose.

Graham

"EricP" wrote in message
Anyone suggest a decent thermostat or thermostat and programmer?
Pointless to buy an all singing one with most of the functions wasted.

EricP

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 22:52:54 +0100, "Graham Tavener"
wrote:

Just bought a Horstmann digital stat (screwfix ref 17585) and C17 programmer
(27967) from Screwfix for my new combi. They are doing a special on the
stat at the moment. Works well and was easy to connect. Stat has 5/2 day
with 8 temp settings, this works very well and I just leave the programmer
set to 24hrs at the moment and let the stat decide when to heat. Might just
use the programmer to disable the heating when the house is unoccupied. Bit
of overkill having a programmer and programmable stat, but saves opening the
boiler cover to turn the heating off when we are out of the house I suppose.

Graham

Thanks

I will have a look at it.

IMM

"Graham Tavener" wrote in message

Just bought a Horstmann digital stat (screwfix ref 17585) and C17

programmer
(27967) from Screwfix for my new combi. They are doing a special on the
stat at the moment. Works well and was easy to connect. Stat has 5/2 day
with 8 temp settings, this works very well and I just leave the programmer
set to 24hrs at the moment and let the stat decide when to heat. Might

just
use the programmer to disable the heating when the house is unoccupied.

Bit
of overkill having a programmer and programmable stat, but saves opening

the
boiler cover to turn the heating off when we are out of the house I

suppose.

All you do is set the temperature to 10C., no need for a programmer or
separate time clock.

Look at the Honeywell CM67 stat/programmer. It optimises, that is you set
the occupation times and it wroks out the time to heat up the system. It
has a:

- holiday mode, (you set the days away and what temp you want.
- coffee time mode (you set the hours and the temp and when finished goes
by to the programme),
- day off mode (similar to coffee time, with days and not hours set), which
you can use when you have a sudden day off.

They are available for under £50 from Plumb Center. Well I bought one a few
weeks ago at that price. These are "far" better than simple cheapo
stat/programmers.

Richard Faulkner

In message , EricP
writes
Anyone suggest a decent thermostat or thermostat and programmer?
Pointless to buy an all singing one with most of the functions wasted.

I use Drayton Digistats, 1, 2, or 3.

--
Richard Faulkner

EricP

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 00:59:08 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

In message , EricP
writes
Anyone suggest a decent thermostat or thermostat and programmer?
Pointless to buy an all singing one with most of the functions wasted.

I use Drayton Digistats, 1, 2, or 3.

Nice. From simple to complex.

Cheers )

Combi-boiler or stored? VisionSet UK diy 122 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
How to correctly size combi boilers Dean UK diy 16 December 25th 03 10:49 PM
Combi Boilers Marv UK diy 5 November 2nd 03 11:34 PM
CH / Boiler Firing even though Programmer is set to off when room thermo is up! Mobileadam UK diy 2 October 2nd 03 12:19 PM
Combi boilers - why? David W.E. Roberts UK diy 10 August 30th 03 09:24 PM