IMM

"Graham Tavener" wrote in message

Just bought a Horstmann digital stat (screwfix ref 17585) and C17

programmer
(27967) from Screwfix for my new combi. They are doing a special on the
stat at the moment. Works well and was easy to connect. Stat has 5/2 day
with 8 temp settings, this works very well and I just leave the programmer
set to 24hrs at the moment and let the stat decide when to heat. Might

just
use the programmer to disable the heating when the house is unoccupied.

Bit
of overkill having a programmer and programmable stat, but saves opening

the
boiler cover to turn the heating off when we are out of the house I

suppose.

All you do is set the temperature to 10C., no need for a programmer or
separate time clock.

Look at the Honeywell CM67 stat/programmer. It optimises, that is you set
the occupation times and it wroks out the time to heat up the system. It
has a:

- holiday mode, (you set the days away and what temp you want.
- coffee time mode (you set the hours and the temp and when finished goes
by to the programme),
- day off mode (similar to coffee time, with days and not hours set), which
you can use when you have a sudden day off.

They are available for under £50 from Plumb Center. Well I bought one a few
weeks ago at that price. These are "far" better than simple cheapo
stat/programmers.