Simon C

Default Replacing Switchmaster 400 control?

Hi Everyone,

I've got a Central Heating Systems fed by a potterton back boiler,
which is controlled by a Switchmaster 400 electro / mechanical switch.
The only way to control the heat output is a dial on the boiler than
can change the heat output from 1-6. 1 being a little cool, 1.5 being
just right and 6 being absolutely boiling!!!!

I'd like to change this Switch to a more modern electronic type, as
well as adding some form of room thermostat to the setup. I thought I
could mount the thermostat next to the timer to get some form of main
control of the heat output.

Is it possible for me to change my system in this manner? I've seen
various direct replacements for the Switchmaster, but nothing that
includes or supports a thermostat.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Simon
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Simon C wrote:
I'd like to change this Switch to a more modern electronic type, as
well as adding some form of room thermostat to the setup. I thought I
could mount the thermostat next to the timer to get some form of main
control of the heat output.

Is it possible for me to change my system in this manner? I've seen
various direct replacements for the Switchmaster, but nothing that
includes or supports a thermostat.

Probably because the programmer isn't often in the best place for the
thermostat. And also that the wiring may not allow it to be fitted there -
it controls the pump, rather than the boiler.

Wireless stats are available. The base unit goes where is convenient,
wiring wise, and the thermostat in the best place for sensing the house
temperature.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.