Simon C

Default Replacing Switchmaster 400 control?

Hi Everyone,

I've got a Central Heating Systems fed by a potterton back boiler,
which is controlled by a Switchmaster 400 electro / mechanical switch.
The only way to control the heat output is a dial on the boiler than
can change the heat output from 1-6. 1 being a little cool, 1.5 being
just right and 6 being absolutely boiling!!!!

I'd like to change this Switch to a more modern electronic type, as
well as adding some form of room thermostat to the setup. I thought I
could mount the thermostat next to the timer to get some form of main
control of the heat output.

Is it possible for me to change my system in this manner? I've seen
various direct replacements for the Switchmaster, but nothing that
includes or supports a thermostat.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Simon