Default washing machine non-return valve

Our washing machine makes an annoying gurgling noise each time it
pumps out.

I have been trying to find a non-return valve that can be inserted
into the outlet pipe.

I have tried several web sites that supply plumbing components, but I
cannot find a non-return valve for a discharge pipe.

Any suggestions?

Graham

Lobster

wrote in message
Our washing machine makes an annoying gurgling noise each time it
pumps out.

I have been trying to find a non-return valve that can be inserted
into the outlet pipe.

I have tried several web sites that supply plumbing components, but I
cannot find a non-return valve for a discharge pipe.

Not sure whether it will cure 'gurgling'! but I bought one at B&Q years ago
(intended specifically for washing machine hoses)

David

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 09:35:38 GMT, "Lobster"
wrote:

Not sure whether it will cure 'gurgling'! but I bought one at B&Q years ago
(intended specifically for washing machine hoses)

The gurgling is caused by the water in the discharge pipe running back
down the pipe to the machine when it stops pumping.

I will have a look in B&Q again.

Graham