Rafal

Default Shower extractor fan with light

Hi,

B&Q, Wickes etc sell not to pretty looking shower fan/lights. They all about
£40 mark.
Vent Axia does one for about £100. It looks better but is it really 100%
better?
Could you recommend other manufacturers or are they all this same?

Thanks
Rafal

Andy Hall

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:44:16 -0000, "Rafal"
wrote:

Hi,

B&Q, Wickes etc sell not to pretty looking shower fan/lights. They all about
£40 mark.
Vent Axia does one for about £100. It looks better but is it really 100%
better?
Could you recommend other manufacturers or are they all this same?

Thanks
Rafal

Yes. Vent Axia are much better fans than certainly of the DIY store
products.

I had a cheap one in my cloakroom that came with the house and lasted
three years or so. This was replaced with a DIY store one that also
lasted three years. I now have a Vent Axia that has been there for
ten years and is still going well and running quietly.

The failure mode on the cheap ones seems to be bearing wear which
causes them to become noisy.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Lurch

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:44:16 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Rafal"
strung together this:

Hi,

B&Q, Wickes etc sell not to pretty looking shower fan/lights. They all about
£40 mark.
Vent Axia does one for about £100. It looks better but is it really 100%
better?
Could you recommend other manufacturers or are they all this same?

I have always fitted the Vent Axia Luminairs, I haven't had one fail
since the first one went in a few years ago. They're worth paying the
extra for, I've had many of the cheap fans failing prematurely, and
the Vent Axia fans are a lot quiter.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Rafal

Thank you very much. As always same story,
you get what you pay for.

Shower Pump Martin UK diy 2 January 26th 04 10:23 PM
p*ss poor flow rate to newly installed shower John UK diy 5 November 25th 03 04:42 PM
Changing a light bulb jay UK diy 11 October 18th 03 08:28 PM
Dirty folk: third shower proposed! GB UK diy 8 September 10th 03 07:55 PM
Shower screen grumble... David W.E. Roberts UK diy 0 September 5th 03 05:49 PM