DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shower extractor fan with light (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/7023-shower-extractor-fan-light.html)

Rafal March 15th 04 07:44 AM

Shower extractor fan with light

Hi,

B&Q, Wickes etc sell not to pretty looking shower fan/lights. They all about
£40 mark.
Vent Axia does one for about £100. It looks better but is it really 100%
better?
Could you recommend other manufacturers or are they all this same?

Thanks
Rafal

Andy Hall March 15th 04 09:10 AM

Shower extractor fan with light

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:44:16 -0000, "Rafal"
wrote:

Hi,

B&Q, Wickes etc sell not to pretty looking shower fan/lights. They all about
£40 mark.
Vent Axia does one for about £100. It looks better but is it really 100%
better?
Could you recommend other manufacturers or are they all this same?

Thanks
Rafal

Yes. Vent Axia are much better fans than certainly of the DIY store
products.

I had a cheap one in my cloakroom that came with the house and lasted
three years or so. This was replaced with a DIY store one that also
lasted three years. I now have a Vent Axia that has been there for
ten years and is still going well and running quietly.

The failure mode on the cheap ones seems to be bearing wear which
causes them to become noisy.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Lurch March 15th 04 11:08 AM

Shower extractor fan with light

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 07:44:16 -0000, in uk.d-i-y "Rafal"
strung together this:

Hi,

B&Q, Wickes etc sell not to pretty looking shower fan/lights. They all about
£40 mark.
Vent Axia does one for about £100. It looks better but is it really 100%
better?
Could you recommend other manufacturers or are they all this same?

I have always fitted the Vent Axia Luminairs, I haven't had one fail
since the first one went in a few years ago. They're worth paying the
extra for, I've had many of the cheap fans failing prematurely, and
the Vent Axia fans are a lot quiter.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Rafal March 15th 04 08:10 PM

Shower extractor fan with light

Thank you very much. As always same story,
you get what you pay for.